Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-10-29-WWF-Halloween Havoc] Hulk Hogan vs The Giant (Monster Truck Battle)

Loss

• 2 months later...

That they work this like a wrestling match with back and forth momentum shifts is amusing, but Eric Bischoff's commentary is priceless. ("SHIFTING THE TORQUE!") And The Giant dies when Hogan throws him off of a building, which never fails to make me laugh.

I always loved the reaction of the truck guy on commentary. He said something like, "That wasn't supposed to happen" and it cracks me up.

• 2 weeks later...

Where does "attempting to murder The Giant" fall on the scale of "dickish things Hulk Hogan has done as a babyface"?

Nowhere, because Hogan didn't throw him off the building. They were brawling near the edge, and Giant just lost his balance and fell. Hulk even tried to reach out and catch him, but missed. The segment was pretty clearly designed to indicate that Giant falling was simply an accident.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This was just terrible and completely stupid. The idea that this whole thing was drawn out and worked like a match is astounding. Definitely a memorable moment. This needs to be shown when ever anybody complains about how bad WWF was in 1995. I don't think anything they did touched this monstrosity.

• 7 months later...

Total vintage Hogan WCW retardation ! Heenan saying "This is exciting" while not even trying to fake the least bit of excitement tells the whole story.

And yeah, Hogan was portrayed as a babyface here, Giant falling was clearly an accident, Hogan simply got out of his grip and the momentum carried the Giant away. This is still making me laugh too, soooo stupid.

And now, let's go to Luger vs Savage, because the Giant would have wanted it that way.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-10-29-WWF-Halloween Havoc] Hulk Hogan vs The Giant (Monster Truck Battle)
  • 4 years later...