Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-11-27-WCW-Nitro] Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan

Loss

• 3 months later...

Savage is quickly interrupted by Hogan (go figure ...), who demeans his title win by pointing out -- again -- that he was never eliminated. I always thought babyfaces were best served to not make excuses and let the announcers do the leg work for them. Hogan is pretty whiny here. The Giant finally comes out to attack them both, quickly taking bit player world champ Savage out of the picture and doing most of his damage to Hogan. Sting makes a save, but it only serves to distract Giant long enough for Hogan to make the comeback, because God forbid another babyface help him out. I'm not a Hogan hater, but these segments make it painfully obvious why the audience was sick of him. This was all about putting the other top guys in their place.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Savage is quickly interrupted by Hogan (go figure ...), who demeans his title win by pointing out -- again -- that he was never eliminated. I always thought babyfaces were best served to not make excuses and let the announcers do the leg work for them. Hogan is pretty whiny here.

Also pointed out that his name was still on the plate. Man…

The Giant finally comes out to attack them both, quickly taking bit player world champ Savage out of the picture and doing most of his damage to Hogan. Sting makes a save, but it only serves to distract Giant long enough for Hogan to make the comeback, because God forbid another babyface help him out. I'm not a Hogan hater, but these segments make it painfully obvious why the audience was sick of him. This was all about putting the other top guys in their place.

Hogan was unbearable. Un-fucking-bearable. And still the shittiest babyface ever, delivering a hundred chairshots to the Giant, elbowing an innocent referee and putting all the spotlight on himself. Savage did take a great bump on the concrete. At least he didn't lose the belt the day right after he won it, but he was still totally demeaned as the champion by all this Hogan bullshit.

• 1 year later...

Dig those "technical difficulties" that interrupted the tape right before it was about to show Giant yanking Hogan out. What was the point of the mystery? To make Hogan look like an even bigger ass and a crybaby? Hogan's general conduct and Savage's treatment here were pretty disgraceful.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-11-27-WCW-Nitro] Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan