Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-12-11-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan & Sting vs Ric Flair & Arn Anderson

Loss

• 3 months later...

This is awesome! Hogan gets possibly the biggest heel heat of anyone on the entire yearbook -- coming out to LOUD boos, a "Hogan sucks" chant and fans ripping up his merchandise on camera! This is a pretty good match, but I can't get over the crazy crowd! Luger racking Hogan on the outside gets a big babyface pop. I guess in old NWA country, with Flair, Arn and Luger all against him, and Sting as a partner that is annoyed by him, he didn't have a chance, but it's still funny. The hot tag to Hogan gets absolutely no pop, and the reaction to the Hulk Up makes me wonder if we're going to see a riot. The post-match is good, with Pillman going after Sting and Luger making the save but letting Hogan fall by the wayside. Savage gets in Sting's face and gets punched for it! The crowd is totally on his side. Sting and Savage seem to be working out their issue and the crowd is reacting strongly, but Hogan is just KILLING this. Surreal all around, and probably one of the biggest must-sees on any yearbook.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sullivan's booking was quite intricate, and Heenan made a good job of summerizing it at the beginning of the match. The pro-Horsemen crowd turned this good little match into an awesome segment. I wonder if Hulk didn't ran to the ring during Sting's entrance so he would get less boos. The crowd litteraly shitting on Hogan as he bitches about the tag the referee missed is pure gold. Hogan's overacting in the post-match is pretty funny, you kinda feel he was trying way too hard to get a real babyafce reaction by catering to Sting. Yeah, some excellent stuff here.

• 1 year later...

God, I LOVED this. The match is actually really good, with the Horsemen and Sting working a primo heat segment--well, not "heat," because of course this crowd is behind the Horsemen 100%. Bischoff acknowledges the partisan crowd but also makes a ton of excuses for the loud booing, like that they're booing Randy Anderson for not allowing the tag to Hogan. Sure, Eric. Big boos for the Hulk-Up and pin, but the Horsemen strike afterward. Luger keeps Pillman from attacking Sting, and lets them triple-team Hulk. Then Savage runs in...and Sting pays him back for last week with a punch to the face! Savage and Sting are really good in the post-match, but Hogan is a whiner as usual and also seems pretty pessimistic about Savage's chances against the Giant next week. What a friend.

Fan of the Year Award of course goes to that guy in the Braves cap who tears up the Hulk bandana before flashing the four fingers. An image that's stuck with me since this first aired, and I was happy to see it again.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-12-11-WCW-Nitro] Hulk Hogan & Sting vs Ric Flair & Arn Anderson