Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-12-13-WAR-Super J Cup] Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This match was a little overhyped for years -- I suspect because people knew Benoit and Jericho more than they knew most people from this show -- but it's still a good match. I still think they had better matches in WWE when Jericho became a more complete wrestler.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Wild Pegasus vs Lionheart. That how they are actually introduced. Is this a Canadian version of Saint Seya now ? "Come on motherfucker !" Wow. That's no Gold Saint talk, Jericho. Mechanically not as slick and swift as that match with that non-Saint Tiger fellow, but the whole story of Jericho wanting to upstage Benoit and show off some amazing offensive move and getting frustrated in the process makes it better to me. More dynamic. And I admit I "Come on baby !" Jericho cracks me up. Benoit, well, is a machine. Very good match in a formative way. Oh, and of course, at the end, Seya wins.

• 1 year later...

Rion Harto's loudmouth character was gratingly obnoxious. He certainly hadn't entered his prime yet. A match that felt longer than it was because a disproportionate amount of time was given over to the closing stretch. It had some decent stuff in it, but nothing standout.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-12-13-WAR-Super J Cup] Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho