What are you watching?

• Please log in to reply
1498 replies to this topic

#1441 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

"Inside the Steel Cage" has some classic matches. Randy Savage and Adrian Adonis fighting Bruno Sammartino and Tito Santana is the stand out. Andre vs. Studd is like a monster movie come to life, Piper brawling with Bruno is great fun. The classic endings to Santana against Valentine and Muraco defending the IC title against Snuka are worth the inclusion, plus we get Hogan, Backlund and Bruno title defenses! 

#1442 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 3103 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

Loved Andre vs Studd from this one. 7/23/83 from the Cap Centre

#1443 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1854 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

Watched night one of Honor Rising earlier. Show was alright. Golden Lovers are terrific but felt that the main event suffered by having no one on the heel side (Cody, Hangman Page, Scurll) capable of carrying the action. Young Bucks vs Finlay/Juice was pretty good, as was KUSHIDA/Hiromu/Flip Gordon match. Best thing about the show was that it was about ~2:20 long.

Now have moved on to yesterday’s Beyond show, mainly for the Janela vs Gage match.

#1444 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

WWF "Grand Slams" is a solid starting point for anyone who wants to see some of the best and most famous moments from the early to mid-80's in the WWF. Clips include: Tito and Greg Valentine ending their long feud, Piper taunting Mr. T, Wendi Richter being screwed out of the Women's title, MIDGETS, World title changes, tag title turmoil, Macho Man stealing the IC title from Santana, Gorilla Monsoon boxes Andre the Giant, Ali confronts Monsoon, the Birth of Hulkamania, 3 battle royals, an irate Andre battering Killer Khan, Snuka's cage dive and more!!

#1445 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

"Villians of the Squared Circle" sees an early dose of evil Jake the Snake, a bloody fight with Pedro Morales and Animal Steele, Andre squares off with an NFL star nearly as large as he is, Captain Lou takes a beating from Gorilla Monsoon, Don Muraco looks for a porker to screw, highlights from an angle that Mid-South mocked on their TV soon after, Roddy Piper's greatest hits, Macho Man's conniving victory over IC champ Tito Santana, an American hero falls short, Andre falls to Studd and Bundy's assault, and we close with a haircut that spawned months of violence!

#1446 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:15 AM

The WWF returns to MSG three weeks after Wrestlemania. Action includes Matt Bourne doing his best to ruin his WWF gig, and jobbers receiving title matches. The announcers blatantly lie about celebrities at the show. A giant of a man batters an AARP member. We find out if Ricky Steamboat can carry Moondog Spot to a good match. Hulk Hogan attends a circus that Vince McMahon isn't in charge of, then Hogan GRAPPLES - he honest to God puts out a tour de force of technical wizardry unseen in the era of Hulkamania. America's honor is defended by the U.S. Express and Tito Santana's war with Greg Valentine continues in the show's finale!   

#1447 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:31 AM

"Wrestling's Superheroes" is a mix of MSG gems like Roddy Piper facing Rick Rude in a really good cage match, as well as the Ultimate Warrior battling Randy Savage in a champion vs. champion bout where Savage pinballs for his beastly foe. Other than that we see PPV and SNME repeats with Hogan butting heads with Hercules, the Powers of Pain knocking around Demolition, and Jimmy Snuka tangling with the Hammer.

#1448 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 02:27 AM

"Supertape" sees former AWA and NWA champions squaring off in a WWF ring, "No Holds Barred" comes to life as Brutus Beefcake and Hulk Hogan battle the Macho King and Zeus in a steel cage, The Million Dollar Man tangles with Jake the Snake, Tito Santana grapples with "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Tugboat debuts, and the Bushwackers face off with 3 different teams who can't match the Wackers technical wizardry in the ring. 

#1449 Memphis Mark

Memphis Mark
  • Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

I been watching WXW  on Highspots.. Needless to say I have become a big Walter fan. Also the Lucky Kid has a big  upside . He is a great young talent. Ilya   Dragunov  just returned , love his intensity . Jus t a great prmotion . Remind me of a old territory

#1450 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

"Supertape" sees former AWA and NWA champions squaring off in a WWF ring, "No Holds Barred" comes to life as Brutus Beefcake and Hulk Hogan battle the Macho King and Zeus in a steel cage, The Million Dollar Man tangles with Jake the Snake, Tito Santana grapples with "Ravishing" Rick Rude, Tugboat debuts, and the Bushwackers face off with 3 different teams who can't match the Wackers technical wizardry in the ring. 

I do wish WWE would just put the whole thing on the network. NHB was advertised as a WWF PPV showing the Match and the Film so figured they must own the film.

#1451 khawk20

khawk20
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 2422 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:45 AM

I do wish WWE would just put the whole thing on the network. NHB was advertised as a WWF PPV showing the Match and the Film so figured they must own the film.

have you emailed the WWE and asked them about this? They might give you an answer.

#1452 BrianB

BrianB
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

Re-watched Clash XXXIV and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Some of the ads still being up on the network might've given me a nostalgia boost. But I vaguely recall watching this show when it aired and thinking it was a good show.

#1453 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 03:59 AM

http://culturecrossf...orld-tour-1990/

"World Tour '90' sees a loaded compilation of solid wrestling and amusing action. Hulk Hogan batters Sherri Martel almost as much as the Macho Man in their encounter. Even the announcers struggle to justify Hogan's actions. Jim Duggan and the Honky Tonk Man have a "so bad it's good" encounter with lazy, sloppy action and a super hot crowd, Ted Dibiase battles the Ultimate Warrior with a "bizarro world" crowd as the Japanese audience embraces the Million Dollar Man, The Rockers and Rougeaus engage in a fun affair, Bret Hart suffers a legit injury - yet still gets a good match out of Dino Bravo, plus Jimmy Snuka is the featured superstar in the "profile" segment, giving us the gift of mat classics with Boris Zhukov and the Honky Tonk Man!! 

#1454 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 10:18 PM

http://culturecrossf...estlefest-1990/

Wrestlefest 90:
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper clashes with the Macho King in a rare encounter between two of the biggest stars ever... Mr. Perfect plays pinball for the Hulkster....The Earthquake and Dino Bravo try to maul the Ultimate Warrior....a spotlight on the Hart Foundation sees them face off with the Powers of Pain, The Rockers and members of Jimmy Hart's entourage....Beefcake attempts to give the Model a new hairstyle...plus Jake the Snake partners with the Ultimate Warrior to face Akeem and the Million Dollar Man!

#1455 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor
  • Members
  • 1152 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

Wrestlefest 90:
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper clashes with the Macho King in a rare encounter between two of the biggest stars ever... Mr. Perfect plays pinball for the Hulkster....The Earthquake and Dino Bravo try to maul the Ultimate Warrior....a spotlight on the Hart Foundation sees them face off with the Powers of Pain, The Rockers and members of Jimmy Hart's entourage....Beefcake attempts to give the Model a new hairstyle...plus Jake the Snake partners with the Ultimate Warrior to face Akeem and the Million Dollar Man!

Did Piper and Savage clash any more times in WWE? I can only thing of during the Rumble.

I know they did in WCW but wondered in WWF.

#1456 Stiva

Stiva
  • Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 02:58 AM

I had a hankering for some early SMW and Dutch implying that Brian Lee will shoot up a public space one day will never not make me laugh. It's not enough that he hates the guy, he has to imply that he's a future serial killer.

#1457 shodate

shodate

Anarchist of PWO

• Banned
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 08:28 AM

reworking my self though 2001   so i can  finaly come or me to a definitive  list  for matches of the year  

#1458 BruiserBrody

BruiserBrody
  • Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:20 AM

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan gives the Macho King all he can handle in a battle for the crown, The Rockers are given a "profile" section that ends in an unexpected manner, Demolition battles the WWF's new heel tandem, Roddy Piper and Rick Rude brawl, Rick Martel and Bret Hart tangle in a technical battle, Akeem dances in the face of Greek Mythos, and the Hulkster partners with the Barber to try and put a hurting on Mr. Perfect and the Genius! 

Wrestlefest 90:

Did Piper and Savage clash any more times in WWE? I can only thing of during the Rumble.

I know they did in WCW but wondered in WWF.

wrestlingdata shows a bunch of dates in 89/90 plus a handful of singles and tag matches during his first run

#1459 Robert S

Robert S
  • Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:49 AM

I was watching a random early Thunder and the highlights were:

(1) Super Calo taking a bump that was crazy stupid even for Super Calo.

(2) Raven pushing Saturn on top of Disco Inferno, who is lying on his belly. Both are selling being knocket out or whatever and referee Billy Silverman actually starting to count a pinfall (I suppose Disco was expected to lie on his back for that spot) though at least stopping at the count of two.

(3) Lee Marshall shouting "Diamond Cutter out of nowhere".

#1460 Gutenberger

Gutenberger

The German

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:Pro Wrestling (obviously), Football (The european version),
    Reading, Video Games, TV-Series, Movies, Comicbooks. . .

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:51 AM

I finished 1993 ECW.

Still very much a territory, with all the talent known from elsewhere and the constant highlight packages and the ever present shilling for the big shows, but it's slowly finding it's groove. And the development of the fans is very interesting, from a handful of guys (and kids) in the first shows to the screams of We Want Blood in the end of the year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users