Pro Wrestling Only

Rumored returns, arrivals, matches, etc..

jpchicago23

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right...now that I think about it, Nitro and (especially) Thunder weren't above the random appearances, either. Like Debbie Combs suddenly walking out for a women's match on Nitro.

Remember that Japanese contingent that appeared on early episodes of Thunder? Can't recall their names, but one babyface guy had the Japanese word for "Dog" spray-painted on his back. Tenzan suddenly appeared as a background character in a few NWO segments, as well.

It wasn't until years later that I found out "Flyboy" Rocco Rock did double-duty on the weekend shows as "The Cheetah Kid".

You're right...now that I think about it, Nitro and (especially) Thunder weren't above the random appearances, either. Like Debbie Combs suddenly walking out for a women's match on Nitro.

Remember that Japanese contingent that appeared on early episodes of Thunder? Can't recall their names, but one babyface guy had the Japanese word for "Dog" spray-painted on his back. Tenzan suddenly appeared as a background character in a few NWO segments, as well.

It wasn't until years later that I found out "Flyboy" Rocco Rock did double-duty on the weekend shows as "The Cheetah Kid".

I thought that particular Cheetah Kid was Prince Iaukea .

I thought that particular Cheetah Kid was Prince Iaukea .

I'm proud to say I never knew that :)

It makes sense (either Iaukea or ECWA's "Cheetah Master"). I had always just assumed it was Rocco. I think I remember seeing WCW's "Cheetah Kid" around the second half of 1997. I remember Iaukea had kinda' disappeared after losing the TV title in the spring of '97, so it'd fit with that timeline.

Kenzo Suzuki was supposed to come to the WWE in '04 as "Hirohito" and have programs with Jericho and/or Benoit playing up U.S. vs. Japan (hence Benoit being billed from Atlanta and Jericho from Manhasset).

I remember the Hirohito idea, but I thought the billed towns thing was due to Vince having another one of his quirks where he decided babyfaces wouldn't be billed from Canada anymore.

Kenzo Suzuki was supposed to come to the WWE in '04 as "Hirohito" and have programs with Jericho and/or Benoit playing up U.S. vs. Japan (hence Benoit being billed from Atlanta and Jericho from Manhasset).

I remember the Hirohito idea, but I thought the billed towns thing was due to Vince having another one of his quirks where he decided babyfaces wouldn't be billed from Canada anymore.

I remember Edge being billed from Tampa briefly til his heel turn and he was back to being from Toronto.