Pro Wrestling Only

The Young Scallions: Dissident wrestling journalist and Gayfabe keeper start dumb wrestling humor site

Loss

Bix and I had a conversation on AIM a few weeks back where we discussed how great an Onion-like wrestling site would be. We tossed funny fake headlines at each other for a while before we decided to do it ourselves. Introducing The Young Scallions, a combination of preposterous yet plausible headlines and stories:

http://www.theyoungscallions.com

We hope you'll check it out and make it part of your wrestling web site routine.

The white title font and yellow background color are too similar, the article titles are kinda hard to read. And there's a typo where Saddam misspells "palace". But otherwise: damn fine stuff, gentlemen The headline about the 70s wrestler got a legit LOL outta me.

I'm using the default coloring in the template for now. Every shade of gray I placed around with looked wrong, so we might switch it to black or a dark blue, but we'll see.

Also, everyone make sure to click the "older posts" link at the bottom, as we made sure to have more than a page worth of stuff when we unveiled the site.

Twitter account is @YoungScallions and the Facebook page is here (dunno how to make a custom username for a non-person Facebook page), though the automated news feed app I'm using to power them is an hour or so behind where it should be. I'll look for alternatives.

Heh, in a too funny to be made up story, Shawn Michaels & the WWE actually did legit try & sue Sean Michaels years ago to get him to give up the name.

Also, everyone make sure to click the "older posts" link at the bottom, as we made sure to have more than a page worth of stuff when we unveiled the site.

If it's even possible you guys should try and make the link for that bigger/more obvious. I looked at the site a couple times and completely missed it until you pointed it out.

This is a really fun site that I'll frequent and I'll definitely recommend it to others, but you guys might want to trim down the "John Laurinaitis hires the wrong..." jokes. I found each case to be funny myself (don't get me wrong), but newer visitors might feel it's an overdone punchline. Unless you're trying to keep it to a niche audience of course.

Other than that, awesome stuff!

This is a really fun site that I'll frequent and I'll definitely recommend it to others, but you guys might want to trim down the "John Laurinaitis hires the wrong..." jokes. I found each case to be funny myself (don't get me wrong), but newer visitors might feel it's an overdone punchline. Unless you're trying to keep it to a niche audience of course.

Thanks. We actually have a TON more "John Laurinitis hires the wrong ..." jokes, so expect that to be a running gag. I agree that we probably overdid it early on, but if it's slowed down a bit and pops up once a week or so (as opposed to three times in a day), that may be better. :)

Thanks. We actually have a TON more "John Laurinitis hires the wrong ..." jokes, so expect that to be a running gag. I agree that we probably overdid it early on, but if it's slowed down a bit and pops up once a week or so (as opposed to three times in a day), that may be better. :)

What he said, though I have a timely one I'd like to get to before next week. :)

I love the Google ads at the bottom of the page

American Jewish U. Hebrew courses in Los Angeles. Small private college setting. www.ajula.edu

Hebrew Lessons Find Hebrew Lessons Near You. Start Pursuing Your Interests Now! openlessons.com

Learn Hebrew in 10 Days World-famous Pimsleur Method. As seen on PBS - $9.95 w/ Free S&H. PimsleurApproach.com/Learn-Hebrew

Also, I knew there would be a Matt Hardy article before clicking the link.