Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 28 Thread

goodhelmet

The Rock vs. John Cena

HHH vs. Undertaker (Hell In A Cell)

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

Bryan Daniel vs. Sheamus

Big Show vs. Shaq (Shaq claims he will be there and they are playing up the idea that Show lost to a boxer and sumo wrestler at Mania)

Team Teddy Long vs. Team Johnny Ace

Woman's Match (Beth vs. Kharma?)

Money In the Bank (Maybe?)

If this is the line-up we are going with, I am happy with it. If anyone wants to meet up in Miami, let me know. I'll be hanging out with Brent Baker that weekend in South Florida.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have serious doubts about the Shaq match actually happening.

The LT and Mayweather angles were started at the Royal Rumble. The Trump angle started in January also. If Shaq is really wrestling a match they're waiting an awfully long time to get the ball rolling on it, frankly not enough time for it to be properly hyped up. Shaq has a weekly TV gig where he could have been planting seeds, and there's been none of that. He might be there and he might have some involvement, but an actual match?

Plus they've started something between Big Show and Cody Rhodes the last two nights, which could be an IC title match at the show.

According to Meltzer, Shaq will be at MAnia. I agree with your points and I have no desire to see Shaq wrestle anyway so if they go Show-Cody, that is only a plus for me.

The Mayweather match is such a work of art, this amazing performance by Show where he did every tiny thing almost perfect. I'm way more interested in Shaq vs Show than any other potential Wight match, just to see how they'd put it together and if he could possibly match that.

Are we certain that Show will be facing Shaq and not teaming with him? Dylan (I think) made the suggestion on DVDVR about Show and Shaq vs. Barrett and Cody, which makes more sense to me, since I'm not sure one can turn either Show or Shaq heel very effectively right now. (Show can play heel, but he's pretty hot as a babyface right now and Shaq feels like the polar opposite of Mayweather as far as character goes.)

Didn't Crockett do War Games in the Orange Bowl?

Yup.

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/jcp87.htm

JCP @ Miami, FL - Orange Bowl - July 31, 1987 (16,000)

The last show of the Great American Bash tour

Scott Hall defeated Bob Cook

Jimmy Valiant & Bugsy McGraw defeated Ricky Santana & the Cuban Assassin

Manny Fernandez (w/ Paul Jones) defeated Randy & Bill Mulkey in a handicap match following a flying forearm

UWF Western States Heritage Champion Barry Windham pinned Incubus with a clothesline off the top

NWA Florida Tag Team Champions the Sheepherders fought Ron & Jimmy Garvin to a double disqualification

NWA Florida Heavyweight Champion Mike Rotundo pinned Ivan Koloff (w/ Paul Jones) with an inside cradle and fast count from referee Earl Hebner, moments after the challenger shoved Hebner

Kevin Sullivan defeated Dory Funk Jr. in a Texas Death Match

NWA Tag Team Champions Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson defeated NWA US Tag Team Champions Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane (w/ Jim Cornette) via disqualification at 10:15 when Lane accidentally hit Eaton with Cornette's tennis racquet; after the bout, Cornette hit Morton with the racquet before Eaton & Lane dropped Morton with a spike piledriver

Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, the Road Warriors, & Paul Ellering defeated NWA World Champion Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, NWA TV Champion Tully Blanchard, NWA US Champion Lex Luger, & the War Machine (Ray Traylor) (sub. for JJ Dillon) at 19:38 when War Machine submitted as Road Warrior Animal repeatedly rammed a spike elbowpad into War Machine's eye (Great American Bash 87)

I'm wondering how they're going to do a Hell in a Cell in an outdoor environment. Normally when there is a cage of some sorts they have it hanging from the ceiling until the match.

I'm guessing it'll be hanging over the lighting rig above the ring. I'm hoping they'll go old school and construct it before the match (ostensibly while something else is going on, musical act or something).

I'm going to be there and without giving too much away, I think I might be coming back with quite a story to tell...

Are we certain that Show will be facing Shaq and not teaming with him? Dylan (I think) made the suggestion on DVDVR about Show and Shaq vs. Barrett and Cody, which makes more sense to me, since I'm not sure one can turn either Show or Shaq heel very effectively right now. (Show can play heel, but he's pretty hot as a babyface right now and Shaq feels like the polar opposite of Mayweather as far as character goes.)

Well...forget what I said about Barrett.

According to Meltzer, Shaq will be at MAnia. I agree with your points and I have no desire to see Shaq wrestle anyway so if they go Show-Cody, that is only a plus for me.

The Mayweather match is such a work of art, this amazing performance by Show where he did every tiny thing almost perfect. I'm way more interested in Shaq vs Show than any other potential Wight match, just to see how they'd put it together and if he could possibly match that.

I had it as my match of the year that year. I loved that match.

What does Mayweather/Show have that, I don't know, Hogan/Warrior didn't? I haven't watched it in years and years but probably the same applies to Bigelow/LT. Whilst I like Show in a way, I never got the sense it was anything other than a great agent job. Which isn't to say he had no input or anything, but it wasn't like he went out there and led Mayweather around by the hand on the fly... a LOT of pre-match work and run-throughing no doubt went into that match.

Big Show vs. Shaq (Shaq claims he will be there and they are playing up the idea that Show lost to a boxer and sumo wrestler at Mania)

According to Meltzer, Shaq will be at Mania.

Are we certain that Show will be facing Shaq and not teaming with him? Dylan (I think) made the suggestion on DVDVR about Show and Shaq vs. Barrett and Cody, which makes more sense to me, since I'm not sure one can turn either Show or Shaq heel very effectively right now.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/s...stlemania-plans

Despite Shaquille O’Neal’s claim that he will compete at WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami, WWE officials have informed WWE.com that the 15-time NBA All-Star is not scheduled to appear on the card.

According to Meltzer, Shaq will be at Mania.

Are we certain that Show will be facing Shaq and not teaming with him? Dylan (I think) made the suggestion on DVDVR about Show and Shaq vs. Barrett and Cody, which makes more sense to me, since I'm not sure one can turn either Show or Shaq heel very effectively right now.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/s...stlemania-plans

Despite Shaquille O’Neal’s claim that he will compete at WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami, WWE officials have informed WWE.com that the 15-time NBA All-Star is not scheduled to appear on the card.

Jerry McDevitt taught us all that when a wrestling promotion says something won't happen, they really mean it will.

If WWE were going to lie about a celebrity, wouldn't they lie about them being there, not not being there? They want all the publicity they can get. Shit, just look at the "former Divas" section where in the headline of Stacy Kiebler they don't even make it a full sentence before mentioning George Clooney.

If WWE were going to lie about a celebrity, wouldn't they lie about them being there, not not being there? They want all the publicity they can get. Shit, just look at the "former Divas" section where in the headline of Stacy Kiebler they don't even make it a full sentence before mentioning George Clooney.

It's more that they're going out of their way to mention it when they don't really need to.