Wrestlemania 28 Thread

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#21 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2819 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Maybe they will construct the Cell as Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock and Nickleback perform a pre-match concert.

The brutality of Nickelback would overwhelm the HIAC concept.

HIAFS

#22 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3991 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Big Show vs. Shaq (Shaq claims he will be there and they are playing up the idea that Show lost to a boxer and sumo wrestler at Mania)

According to Meltzer, Shaq will be at Mania.

Are we certain that Show will be facing Shaq and not teaming with him? Dylan (I think) made the suggestion on DVDVR about Show and Shaq vs. Barrett and Cody, which makes more sense to me, since I'm not sure one can turn either Show or Shaq heel very effectively right now.

http://www.wwe.com/s...stlemania-plans

Despite Shaquille O’Neal’s claim that he will compete at WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami, WWE officials have informed WWE.com that the 15-time NBA All-Star is not scheduled to appear on the card.

#23 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6347 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Big Show vs. Shaq (Shaq claims he will be there and they are playing up the idea that Show lost to a boxer and sumo wrestler at Mania)

According to Meltzer, Shaq will be at Mania.

Are we certain that Show will be facing Shaq and not teaming with him? Dylan (I think) made the suggestion on DVDVR about Show and Shaq vs. Barrett and Cody, which makes more sense to me, since I'm not sure one can turn either Show or Shaq heel very effectively right now.

http://www.wwe.com/s...stlemania-plans

Despite Shaquille O’Neal’s claim that he will compete at WrestleMania XXVIII in Miami, WWE officials have informed WWE.com that the 15-time NBA All-Star is not scheduled to appear on the card.

Jerry McDevitt taught us all that when a wrestling promotion says something won't happen, they really mean it will.

#24 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3991 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

If WWE were going to lie about a celebrity, wouldn't they lie about them being there, not not being there? They want all the publicity they can get. Shit, just look at the "former Divas" section where in the headline of Stacy Kiebler they don't even make it a full sentence before mentioning George Clooney.

#25 Bix

Bix
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 6347 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

If WWE were going to lie about a celebrity, wouldn't they lie about them being there, not not being there? They want all the publicity they can get. Shit, just look at the "former Divas" section where in the headline of Stacy Kiebler they don't even make it a full sentence before mentioning George Clooney.

It's more that they're going out of their way to mention it when they don't really need to.

#26 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11168 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:03 PM

Maybe they're just THAT concerned about their audience and didn't want anyone to get their hopes up only to have their spirits dashed when.. I can't even finish that sentence.

#27 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3991 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

It's more that they're going out of their way to mention it when they don't really need to.

So even though Shaq hasn't been mentioned on TV, and they're saying on WWE.com that he's not going to be there, and Shaq isn't talking about it anymore, and The Big Show is building up a feud with Cody Rhodes on TV, you think it's still going to involve Shaq and that WWE.com, for no reason, is just trying to work their fans?

#28 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18959 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

I can get behind a Cody-Show match at Mania 100% Also, Alvarez said he doesn't think they will do MITB at the show :(

#29 Tim Evans

Tim Evans
  • Members
  • 4171 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:21 PM

So even though Shaq hasn't been mentioned on TV, and they're saying on WWE.com that he's not going to be there, and Shaq isn't talking about it anymore, and The Big Show is building up a feud with Cody Rhodes on TV, you think it's still going to involve Shaq and that WWE.com, for no reason, is just trying to work their fans?

I thought Meltzer said that Shaq did mention this morning on Mike and Mike that he was wrestling at Mania? Wouldn't be the first time WWE.com worked the fans.

#30 jdw

jdw
  • Members
  • 8040 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

So Hoback has talked me into watching this. What's the over/under of my head exploding if Trip breaks The Streak? :) John

#31 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18959 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

I am betting your head doesn't explode because you don't care about the current product. It will explode if Kawada does a run-in and HELPS HHH break the streak.

#32 KrisZ

KrisZ
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 9942 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

Don't worry Trips won't win.

#33 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18959 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

He won't win the match but he'll win the WAR!!!

#34 KrisZ

KrisZ
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 9942 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

I kinda think this will be the match that retires Trips permanently.

#35 goodhelmet

goodhelmet
  • Admins
  • 18959 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Taker definitely... Trips can't say no.

#36 Dylan Waco

Dylan Waco
  • Moderators
  • 10222 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

I still say there is no way Vince doesn't run Cena v. Taker at Mania at least once. And since they are likely not going to turn Cena this year, him ending the streak would be the best way to turn him heel imaginable.

#37 FLIK

FLIK
  • Members
  • 1706 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Ideally I always thought they should give the streak ender to a young guy on the come up but yeah, if an established guy is going to get it, Cena is one of the few who could get away with it as far as actually being able to run with all the negative heat you'd get as a result.

#38 ADL

ADL
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

I can't see this being the end of HHH or Taker as I don't think either men can say no and retire and think that Taker vs. Cena has to happen at Mania at somepoint down the road maybe at 30. I can't see HHH ever retiring from the ring full time

#39 Coffey

Coffey
  • Members
  • 3991 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ya know, loving the business is one thing, and wanting that rush from all the people going crazy when you come out is probably a big thing for a lot of guys too. But with The Undertaker, if he can't walk away from it all, then I have no faith for wrestlers at all. He's a multimillionaire, has a beautiful woman at home, has one of the most decorated professional wrestling careers ever, is a shoe-in for any and all wrestling Halls of Fame and has a son. I can understand not wanting to just sit at home and do nothing everyday, but not being able to give up the in-ring aspect or the travel seems ludicrous to me. Retiring 20-0 and never losing at Wrestlemania. As a performer, you're one of a kind and in a category that no one can touch. How is that not enough?

#40 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2819 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Performing once a year doesn't exactly mean you're a road dog, but you're bang on with everything else. Whoever brought up the idea of Cena breaking the streak being the beginning of his heel run would be an excellent idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users