Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 28 Thread

goodhelmet

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wade made me all uncomfortable asking if Rock the way he is (aloof to his peers, very show business, image conciousness, "bigger than Wrestling") because that he is black and uppity.

Wade made the defence that in way Rock lifted the racial lid when Rock spoke about Cena being a white rapper and going to private school.

Wade also causally made passing reference that TNA officials branded Ron Killing as "uppity."

:unsure:

I feel like the novelty of The Rock has worn off at this point. Actually, I'd say it wore off around the time that had that absurd birthday party for him on the air, but now it really feels like he's overstayed his welcome. At some point, he's going to have to say something other than "trending worldwide" and things that are marginally vulgar. His segment was such a chore to sit through last night.

I am betting your head doesn't explode because you don't care about the current product. It will explode if Kawada does a run-in and HELPS HHH break the streak.

I don't care about the current product. But I still hate Trip, and Trip ending The Streak while I'm sitting there watching it would piss me off to no end. :)

John

Somehow, deep down, you'd know that it was your fault!

Why not run w/ the Rock as the uppity star who is bigger than wrestling? Hasn't his character always been uppity and big-time, but in a cool and clever sort of way?

I'm not saying they should turn Rock full-fledged heel with an arrogant Hollywood gimmick, but having him (in a little bit more of a heel manner) play up the fact that yeah, he's a big-time star and bigger than Cena ever will be is better than trading insults laced with swear words and references to each other's genitals. Plus it might get them closer to that 50-50 split they're supposedly looking for.

Figured I'd post this in here.

Two minutes since Raw has been off the air and I've gotten five texts from casual fans, plus one from a fellow hardcore. The unanimous view (which I share) is that Cena destroyed the Rock tonight in their "promo" battle. Rock look flustered as fuck afterward. Really a good segment over all

I haven't seen any of it yet, but I got a text at 8 o' clock this morning from a friend saying the same thing.

*Smackdown Spoilers*

Teddy Long just announced The Big Show Vs. Cody Rhodes at Wrestlemania for the Intercontinental Title. I'm sure WWE is just pulling our leg still and they're just going to wait until the last week to announce Shaquille O'Neal. ;)

Guest Slickster

Big Show might join Pedro Morales, Triple H, Kane, Chris Jericho, Booker T, Ric Flair, JBL, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, and Ezekiel Jackson on the list of 'former World champions who later won the IC title.'

Big Show might join Pedro Morales, Triple H, Kane, Chris Jericho, Booker T, Ric Flair, JBL, Rey Mysterio, John Morrison, and Ezekiel Jackson on the list of 'former World champions who later won the IC title.'

We're considering the ECW Title a World title now? Really?

He's a former WWE champ.

Ah, nevermind...I see you're talking about Zeke.

It looks like Orton v. Kane is going to happen

Orton has had a strange year by his standards. Probably the most over guy in the company this time last year, moved to SD to be the ace of the brand at the same time the show moves to SciFi and gets downgraded even more than it was, ends up putting over long time vets Christian and Mark Henry for the world title, now he's stuck in a throwaway last minute program with Kane, the lowest profile Mania spot he's had in years.

I actually think he's had a great year as a performer and has been really well booked. It's a refreshing change from the Cena/HHH sort of superman babyface ace booking. I think I've liked it because it's been different from the way they portray their lead faces, and they haven't tried to fit Orton into that mold. It's been refreshing, and it's the kind of booking that would never happen with Vince's micromanaging of RAW

I'm really curious to know what their plans were for him a year ago though, and what the other ideas for him and Mania were. The Barrett program had already been blown off on TV, a title chase and rematch with Henry which seemed possible at one point never materialized and they went in a different direction with Bryan

Pretty sure Orton was set to win the title at some point from Bryan, but it seemed to be some combination of Orton getting injured and either Vince or someone with Vince's ear finally noticing heel Bryan is awesome and not wanting to derail his momentum.

re: Show/Cody

Ive seen some negative feedback in some place on this being announced. When are people going to stop pretending that Show totally sucks. I don't know how anyone couldn't say he has improved drastically the last year or so. To say he's stale is fine but to say he doesn't know how to work is a bit of a stretch

re: Show/Cody

Ive seen some negative feedback in some place on this being announced. When are people going to stop pretending that Show totally sucks. I don't know how anyone couldn't say he has improved drastically the last year or so. To say he's stale is fine but to say he doesn't know how to work is a bit of a stretch

I'm disappointed for totally different reasons..

Show vs Shaq would have been way more high profile, would have gotten more attention and time, and it would have been one of those meticulously thought out matches that would have just turned out brilliant.

Show vs Cody will be fun, but it doesn't have the same oomph. It won't be a Show miracle performance.