Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-01-22-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair

Loss

• 1 month later...

Flair is still riding a wave from Starrcade. This is your typical good fall-out-of-bed Flair interview, but it does raise an interesting point. He conquered the odds in such a big way at Starrcade that it's hard to really use it to propel him to anything bigger. He's proven everything he can prove, so why keep wrestling? I'll just say Flair had a few more good matches in him, but wow, he would have saved himself quite a bit of humiliation and heartache if that had been his swan song.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Well. he couldn't stay low-key forever, right? It's back to the trenches and back to the cockiness that makes Flair who he is, for better or worse. There's nothing here that we haven't heard a thousand times about other opponents; the only new ground broken was that he acknowledged his five year-old son (Reid?) for the first time in a typical interview setting. I highly doubt tthat Reid was actually allowed to take the belt to school, but it was a nice line for his old man.

I'm a lot more interested in the hot rumors Mean Gene promised us on the hotline. I think I'll start keeping track of the teases he gave from time to time and try to guess what he was trying to spread besides a bunch of fertilizer. If anyone cares to join me, feel free.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-01-22-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair