Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-01-29-SMW-TV] Interview: Dennis Corraluzzo

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

It was this segment (which I put on YouTube last week because it was so hideously bad) that caused my friend and I to go on a YouTube rampage last week looking for Dennis Coralluzzo stuff on YouTube. Dennis' acting here is beyond atrocious, and I'm still not exactly sure what Dennis had that "proved" that Tracy Smothers was Vito Marinara from Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, as they never really brought up this storyline again after this show. I think Cornette just put this on here because he was friends with Dennis.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Coraluzzo is at the Hall of Records in Pennsylvania to prove that Chris Candido is correct in what he’s been saying all along, and that Tracey Smothers is really Vito Maranara from Schulkill Haven, PA. His ‘associate’ Vinny shows up and hands Coraluzzo something, purportedly to be Smothers’ birth certificate to prove that he’s not from Tennessee in the slightest. Vinny asks for his payment and we bear witness to some of the worst acting you could imagine from Coraluzzo when Vinny tells him it’s $50 he owes him. Coraluzzo struggles to get together $50 and tries to use his watch as collateral to help pay him. A policeman’s whistle blows, Vinny does a runner and Coraluzzo tells the officers which direction he went.

This was an awful segment with dreadful acting from all involved and a terrible storyline. The Candido - Smothers feud doesn’t need this nonsense at all, especially as they have been trying to turn Candido into a more serious heel as opposed to a jokey one.

• 11 months later...

I wish I could remember the guy they ran this exact angle on in Memphis, complete with Dennis. At least I think it was Memphis. Anyway, it was him seeking to prove that some wrestler wasn't who he said he was, and it lasted about as long as this storyline did.

Everyone in the area knew exactly who Tracy Smothers was and that he was a real native son, so what Corny was trying to accomplish here I can't say. I know the simple answer is "to get heat on Candido", but there had to be a more intelligent way to do it than this, Hell, Chris could probably make one up out of his own head on live TV if he had to.

If you're going to use Dennis again, Corny, at least teach him how to act a little better. No one's expecting Brando in his prime, but at least give him a few lessons on how to be truly obnoxious instead of just dull.

• 2 weeks later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-01-29-SMW-TV] Interview: Dennis Corraluzzo