Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-02-05-SMW-TV] Down and Dirty: Dirty White Boy & Dirty White Girl

Loss

• 1 month later...

They show Brian Lee and Chris Candido running in to help Killer Kyle do a number on Dirty White Boy before Tracy Smothers makes the save. Smothers doesn't fare much better, but DWB gets the chain and it's the great equalizer. Lee gets hung from the top rope with the chain.

DWB and Kimberly are the guests. They cut to a taped promo from Ron Wright, who can walk again and is a surprisingly good serious babyface promo. MISS FYTCH BITCH!

Great interview recapping all the dastardly things Brian Lee has done to him, vowing revenge at Sunday Bloody Sunday, and raising his hand to God to promise he will win the SMW title. Best interview of the year so far.

Having zero knowledge of Ron Wright until watching these yearbooks, I continue to appreciate the guy more and more. Just one of those promo guys I really enjoy. Nice to see he is out of the wheel chair and not wearing his Yankees clothing. Dirty White Boy follows it up with a great promo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Dutch opens by recapping the Dirty White Boy and Killer Kyle match from last week and all the post-match action. Back on Down & Dirty and the White Boy informs everyone that they have some tape from the master of the Tennessee chain match, the legendary Mr Ron Wright and he would like everyone to see it.

Ron’s had his surgery and hip implant and is back walking and as mean as ever. The last time people saw him on TV he had been drugged pretty heavy and made a stupid mistake getting into the ring trying to help the Dirty White Boy and he had his brains knocked out. On 2/13 it’s going to be the bloodiest Sunday in the history of wrestling as they’re going to have a chain match with the SMW Heavyweight title at stake between Brian Lee and the Dirty White Boy. The people have seen him wrestle in 100’s of them over the years against the likes of Whitey Caldwell, Sputnik Monroe and Tommy Gilbert and have never seen him lose one. He’s had the White Boy in training that you won’t believe for the last two months and when he gets through with them he’ll see that both Brian Lee and Tammy Fytch are carried out of there.

The White Boy is looking forward to Sunday Bloody Sunday. Brian Lee has done a lot of things to him; he’s screwed him out of $20,000, he put Ron Wright in the hospital, he’s bust his head open on a number of occasions and he’s put his hands on the Dirty White Girl. All that is coming to a screeching halt 2/13 at the Knoxville Coliseum in the chain match, and there is no way he’s going to lose with Ron Wright in his corner. He will walk out of that match the SMW Heavyweight champion, and that’s a promise.

Two great interviews and nice to see Wright cutting a face promo (which needless to say he excels in as much as he does when cutting a heel one). The White Boy has cut one excellent promo after another since turning so this didn't seem anything overly special to me, just a continuation of the goodness that he has been bringing for the last few months.

• 1 year later...

A pair of excellent promos by Ron and Tony. As whiny as they were as heels, that's how forceful they are as faces. You'd hardly think Ron in particular was the same man. The only problem was that he accidentally referred to Brian as "Dirty White Boy" at one point, but that was an honest mistake that should have been caught and edited out.

The match action was very good. I'm guessing that Kyle was brought back by Tammy as an enforcer/bodyguard, much as he'd been for Corny.

I saw neither hide nor hair of Kim at any point in the match clip, whether it was on the apron or the floor. Guys, if we're supposed to see someone laying on the floor in a heap, let's get a camera over to where they're supposed to be laying so we can actually see what we're supposed to see. That's two mistakes in this segment that I'm surprised Corny let slide.

Caudle may be starting to slip a bit. He said that Tony's punches knocked both Lee and Candido down when it was crystal clear to the viewers that they hadn't, which is totally unlike him. Hopefully he was just having a bad day, but given that JR would be doing play-by-play by August, I'm thinking that Bob saw the handwriting on the wall and decided to get out while the getting was good, especially since Dutch had left by then.

Dutch calling the audience morons in the opening seemed a bit out of place given that he's been portrayed for the last few months as an almost neutral figure, neither babyface nor heel. Maybe he meant it as a term of grudging affection.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-02-05-SMW-TV] Down and Dirty: Dirty White Boy & Dirty White Girl