Pro Wrestling Only

• 1 month later...

The Bodies are supposed to face Dave Meltzer and Wade Keller, but instead, the Rock & Rolls come out, to the surprise of the Bodies. Dutch makes some jokes about Wade and Dave throughout the match, including one about a credit card scam in Louisiana that goes way over my head. Good impromptu action, and the Rock & Rolls get DQd for using Cornette's racket. Dutch is a riot on commentary here.

Bob Caudle: "Ricky Morton has fought a valiant match, but he hasn't really fought a smart match."

Dutch: "That's 'cause he's stupid."

• 3 weeks later...

This match was ok but the booking didn't make much sens to me with the Rock N Rolls hitting both members of the Bodies and semmingly getting their revenge before the big showdown on Sunday Bloody Sunday. I thought Dutch went a little too far inside with the Keller/Meltzer stuff. Mentioning them as jabronis would be funny because if you know who they are, you can chuckle and if it don't it doesn't effect it, but him constantly talking about them 5 minutes into the match seemed a little much and I also have no idea what the Lousiana credit card thing was about.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good TV bout, which these guys can have falling out of bed, but I don't know if "fall-out-of-bed good" is what you should be going for considering the personal nature and intensity of the Paul Morton angle. They could have milked this "injunction" angle for a week or two, with Cornette trying to goad Ricky Morton a la Jericho and Malenko.

• 2 years later...

The Bodies are scheduled to face Dave Meltzer & Wade Keller but it's not them at all, it’s the Rock & Roll Express. Good fast paced TV match that I was going to call very good until the unsatisfactory finish. The match has the added storyline of Ricky Morton trying to get his hands on Cornette who is back to his usual cowardly, weasel like ways, as opposed to the man who was standing tall and getting involved with the Steiners and the Bruise Brothers. All four men are fighting in the ring and Cornette sneaks in about to whack Robert in the back with his tennis racket. Morton sees him coming, grabs the racket and then hits Prichard and Del Ray with it right in front of the referees eyes, giving the Bodies the DQ win.

It did feel a tad rushed putting this match on TV just a week after the injunction angle and one of the strengths in the Smoky Mountain booking has been to build things slowly and not rush them. With Sunday Bloody Sunday being just over a week away there didn't appear to be any need for this match, whilst similar you could say that it wasn't hate filled enough for to guys who were out for revenge after what Cornette did to Morton's father.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-02-05-SMW-TV] Rock & Roll Express vs Heavenly Bodies