Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-02-19-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Again, I'm going to be that ​guy.

Sure, the promo was great, but will it equal the match? It seems like they're setting up Vader to pound the hell out of Flair yet again, with Flair somehow going over on a fluke. That's not being the man to me. Being the man to me is Hogan leaving monsters like Bundy and Andre lying broken and beaten at Mania and leaving no doubt that Hulkamania was the greatest force in Vince's universe. Being the man to me is Flair and Steamboat exchanging every hold they know for almost a solid hour, with one of them going over in the end but both men looking like champions. This is Flair being squashed like Randy and Bill Mulkey and holding on to the belt for some reason known only to the crazy-quilt minds of Eric Bischoff and Dusty Rhodes, and it stinks like the doo-doo Dusty used to get out of people's drains once upon a time.

So let's review: We have one World champion who's too damn fat and immobile to wrestle (Yoko), another who's being treated like he's back in Verne's training camp (Flair), and a third wannabe World champion who's a hundred and fifty-eight years old and only part-time to boot (Terry). Yeah, the wrestling business in America's cooking with gas. ​Poison ​gas, that is. I mean no disrespect to Will, but if I'd known things were going to be this bad by now, I might not have ordered this set or the '95 one either. Since I have, I'm going to have a good time watching all three promotions try to get out of their various messes, most of which have been caused by their own stupidity. The Russo era may have been as bad as this for its own reasons, but there's no way in hell that it could have been worse.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-02-19-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Ric Flair