Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-02-26-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Shawn Michaels

Loss

• 1 month later...

Shawn is so current with his Dwayne Wayne sunglasses! Even in 1994, I'm pretty sure those weren't in style anymore. I'm not really a fan of Shawn promos during this time period at all, but this gets the job done. He has a ladder with him in the ring, sits on top of it and sets up the WM match nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Who is the color commentator?

Johnny Polo, in a sort of unjustifiably forgotten stint on Superstars. I miss his sound machine.

Strong to-the-point promo from Shawn that hits the notes that needed to be hit. They're still making "...has left the building" references this late.

• 3 years later...

I thought this was very good, particularly the part where Shawn literally climbed the ladder as he talked. Anything's better than the lame jokes we get a lot of the time which make match stips laughable.

I dimly remembered Levy referring to Vince as "Vic" when I used to tune in ince in a while, so it's nice to see that my memory hasn't totally failed me. Of course, Vince was too busy hyping Mania to pay much attention.

Vince must love the "greatest IC champ of all time" spiel. It seems we've heard it for just about every heel champion since Honky. Not that it's out of place for guys like Rude and Michaels to use it, but I always picture Honky in my head when I hear it, even today.

I like the kind of ladder match where you have to go outside the ring to get the ladder more than the kind where the ladder's already set up in the ring. Having to go get the ladder adds an extra element of danger and intrigue.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-02-26-WWF-Superstars] Interview: Shawn Michaels