Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-03-04-Michinoku Pro] Sato vs Super Delphin (Mask vs Hair)

Loss

• 1 month later...

Togo is an incredible athlete, and I love the fast-paced sequences. Delphin hits a beautiful dropkick to set up a comeback after Togo dominates for a while, then follows with a beautiful dive to the floor. But for some reason, so much of the comedy and fun seems to disappear in Michinoku Pro singles matches. They work methodically here, to a point where it seems like they're going against their instincts. Things pick up toward the end, but not as much as you'd think. I would like to see a singles match from MPro that really grabs me at some point. Outside of Sasuke/Caras in '95, it hasn't really happened yet. They stay completely away from the comedy of the multi-man matches completely, which I don't understand. Chaotic post-match scene! I was wondering when/how Togo changed his look.

• 2 weeks later...

Sato's top rope dive is crazy for someone his build. He pulls it off great. Thought he had match won on that third powerslam. Post match chaos ensues after the finish. Good match but yeah I prefer these guys in the tag matches. And some more after match stuff as just when I was getting use to Sato with hair.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this a good bit. However, it is bizarre that M-Pro ignores its comedy routine in singles matches altogether. Togo is great in this and his offense is incredible. Delphin did a good job of selling the beating he took and his comebacks were nice. It just seemed out of place for a M-Pro match to lack comedy whatsoever.

Good match but the multimans just play so much better to what Michinoku Pro's workers strengths were at this time in that they can hit there stuff, do some spots and tehn go away. This had some great sequences but a lot of downtime too. Comedy would have been nice to mix in but they may have shied away from doing that due to the ending angle. Sato is incredibly agile for his stocky frame.

• 1 year later...

Delphin comes out to the Mr. Perfect theme, which is equal parts appropriate and hilarious. I didn't mind the lack of comedy--it's an apuestas match after all--but until they really started trading strikes toward the end this was not a match fought with much urgency. It was just a normal match, which didn't fit the stip even if the work was inoffensive. It did get better towards the end and Delphin's winning cradle looked impossible to escape from while also looking fluky.

• 6 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-03-04-Michinoku Pro] Sato vs Super Delphin (Mask vs Hair)
  • 4 years later...

Much more serious than the 6 mans. This is fought more like a traditional junior match and it's just about a great one. The finish is the only thing that keeps it from that tier. It's a cheap cheaty-cheater finish. It works with the story but was necessarily clear what happened until afterwards. And the fans kinda reacted the wrong way to the booking. Screw that though it's a really good singles match with Sato (Dick Togo) vs Super Delphin.