Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-05-07-SMW-TV] Jake Roberts and Dirty White Boy

Loss

• 1 month later...

I don't know how Jake was in the ring at this point, but he could have headlined in either of the Big Two just on the strength of his promos alone. Jake tells a story about how he always knew DWB wouldn't make it, and he's been proven right. He also quotes the Bible, but makes it seem creepy. Awesome.

Jake should have become a manager/mouth piece for other wrestlers. Jake talks about first seeing Dirt White Boy ten years ago and thinking how he would never make it in wrestling. DWB sure has hung around a long time for someone who hasn’t made it. But this is evil Jake talking here.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Jake's in his house again and says that one of the greatest things about being a professional wrestlers is when you’re on the road and in the dressing room, and you see a young kid just getting started having his first match and within seconds you know whether they are going to make it or not because you are a good judge of talent, say like the Dirty White Boy back in Oklahoma or somewhere. The frustrating thing us when you see that kid who was really trying, then you see him ten years later down the line and you were right. You knew the guy wasn’t going to make it ‘and you haven’t Tony’. He starts to mock the Dirty White Boy’s eye injury and says how he is looking down the line and realises that Jake ‘the Snake’ Roberts is coming to Smoky Mountain Wrestling and he’s starting to make his excuses already. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, that comes out of the good book, a book that means a lot to him. It should mean a lot to the Dirty White Boy too, because if you remember there was a serpent in that book who started a whole lot of trouble and the Dirty White Boy’s troubles have only just begun.

Second fantastic interview on the trot from Jake. I am slightly struggling on my Smoky Mountain viewing at the moment, but Jake and the White Boy (along with Chris Candido, Brian Lee and Tammy Fytch) is one of the few thing that keeps me going and that I look forward to each episode.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-05-07-SMW-TV] Jake Roberts and Dirty White Boy