Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-05-15-AAA-Triplemania II-B] El Hijo del Santo & Jushin Liger & Octagon & Tiger Mask vs Blue Panther & Eddy Guerrero & La Parka & Psicosis

Loss

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is a lot of awesome guys in one match. Pretty breathtaking first fall -- everything is crisply executed and the pace is incredibly fast. Liger adapts extremely well to this style. The rudos get more aggressive in the second fall and target each technico except Santo at various points. Then the action picks up in the third fall. There are definitely lucha matches I like better than this, but this was fantastic, and I think it really captures the essence of the AAA boom while at the same time showing that Liger and Kanemoto really adapted well to this environment.

Oh yeah, some fine competitors in this match. This is way more to my liking. Everyone is just going full speed out there with great action. Match even manages to go to a faster pace as it goes. Third fall is wonderfully chaotic to watch. Very entertaining match. Psicosis seems to have got under people’s skin as after the match he becomes a big target.

There are definitely a few great talents in this. That showed here as well. I loved the pacing of this match and I was entertained throughout the entire thing. Liger did adapt well to the style for sure. I'm fairly new to lucha and I'm sure I'll see better than this but it delivered and I was pleased with the result.

• 2 weeks later...

With some of the greatest workers of all time, this match at its worst would be good. Unfortunately, that is where I would rank this and I was disappointed tremendously given the talent level. I thought the exchanges between Parka and Tiger Mask were pretty bad and I just wanted either more intensity or fluid movement for this match. Probably the most disappointing match so far given my expectations going in. I also wonder why Blue Panther teamed with Eddy again since last time we saw them together, he got beat down pretty tremendously.

• 1 year later...

Oh, come the fuck ON. How many fucking false starts is this Panther turn going to get? Even Sting would probably think better of teaming up with Barr or Eddy again by this point.

Yeah, I'm with Chad here--this was perfectly fine, I guess, but that's as much praise as I'm willing to dish out. I don't know what it is about adding two extra guys to a traditional lucha match but there was simply too much going on for me to care about this as a whole. And the Panther thing meant that this had two strikes against it from the start. Finish is a real eye-roller as Santo is killed with a brutal top-rope elbow by Psicosis but pops right up to bring him off the turnbuckle in a spot that would have this board throwing a collective fit if it were Kurt Angle or Davey Richards doing it. This is really only worth watching for the novelty of seeing Liger and TM3 in this environment, and they acquit themselves well and make you want to see Liger vs. Panther in a singles match.

• 1 year later...

[Condescending Mode] I can fully understand why this would've been overrated back in the day. With familiar faces in Eddy and Liger it was pimped as one of the introduction to Lucha matches. After watching When World's Collide of course.

Liger adapted to the change in style like a duck to water. Kanemoto on the other hand was like a fish out of water. [/Condescending Mode] Tiger Mask was terrible. Usually 1 poor performance out of 8 wouldn't be a big problem, yet for some reason he spent way more time in the ring than anyone else. Apart from him it was good action and a decent bout overall. Just nothing special.

• 10 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-05-15-AAA-Triplemania II-B] El Hijo del Santo & Jushin Liger & Octagon & Tiger Mask vs Blue Panther & Eddy Guerrero & La Parka & Psicosis