Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-07-23-SMW-TV] Interview: Terry Gordy / Interview: Dirty White Boy

Loss

• 2 months later...

Terry Gordy talks while they show footage of him beating Jun Akiyama in All Japan.

Then we cut to an interview with Dirty White Boy. He's the champ again now, as Jake started no-showing and they did a phantom title change to wrap things up. DWB is in a groove at this point, as the Jake feud was good to him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

After leaving WCW to go on rehab, Jake Roberts no-shows SMW and fucks up a great (in promo) feud. Sad.

Terry Gordy cuts a brain-dead promo like it's IWA Japan. Sad too. No, really it wasn't that bad, but it was not the old Gordy anymore at this point, and he was never much of a promo anyway.

Did DWB talk about Chris Walker ? I remember this guy showing up in the WWF in 1991 or so, looked like a Warrior clone.

• 1 year later...

I disagree on Gordy's promos in general--I always thought he was underrated and only suffered in comparison to Hayes, who was pretty much incomparable. This is only okay and hopelessly generic, but it's kind of better than I expected.

DWB has regained the title from Jake Roberts in a staggeringly anticlimactic phantom title change, thanks to Jake no-showing three straight loaded cards. Tony hypes up additional title defenses against Dick Slater and...Conan Chris Walker (!). I thought he dropped off the face of the earth after his WWF stint.

• 1 year later...

The Terry Gordy promo appears to be two interviews spliced together; firstly with Gordy talking over some AJPW footage and then him just sat at home. Fairly non-descript stuff as he just says he will get the SMW Heavyweight title and he doesnt care who he has to go through.

The Dirty White Boy says that hes got some tough matches coming up, as on 8/5 in Knoxville hell be facing Terry Gordy and if hes lucky enough to beat him hell drive straight up to Johnson City to take on Dick Slater, while Jim Cornette has formed his Union and gone and got himself Conan Chris Walker. He didnt get the belt by laying down, he got it through blood, sweat, tears and beating people up, because thats what the Dirty White boy does and they all better get ready to do battle with him.

Really not sure why these made the cut for the Yearbook at all? The Gordy promo is terrible and it's just a regulation, bog standard promo for the White Boy running through his upcoming matches. If the White Boy vs Gordy match from Night of Legends was included I could see having this, but as it isn't, it's just a bit of a headscratcher. Never knew Walker was ever in SMW until watching the TV shows and if this was put on purely for him being mentioned, a better bet would have been the end of the Battle Royal in Chilhowie, VA where he jumps the White Boy and you get some pretty funny commentary from Cornette narrating over things.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-07-23-SMW-TV] Interview: Terry Gordy / Interview: Dirty White Boy