Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-08-13-USWA-TV] Interview: Brian Christopher & Buddy Landell

Loss

• 2 months later...

BUDDY LANDELL! Brian Christopher has found a partner to face Doug Gilbert and Tommy Rich. Weird seeing Budro as a babyface at any point before late 1995, but this is 1994 USWA booking, so he'll turn soon and then disappear. But this promo actually made me laugh out loud, as Buddy says he agreed to team with Brian Christopher because he loaned Doug Gilbert $30 to replace a fan belt on his truck and Doug never paid him back. That's it. Wrestling has peaked. He also recalls Tommy Gilbert slapping him in the locker room when he was a young punk. Buddy Landell is the Toshiaki Kawada of promos -- 3/4ths legit, baby!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Christopher has to find a partner he's never teamed with before to face Doug Gilbert & Tommy Rich. They don't try to hide Budro's past--Christopher recruited him because he wanted somebody nasty. Landell actually sells this match on $30 for a fan belt and actually comes across as believable while doing it. Goddamn, Landell needed to be hired by the WWE years and years ago to teach the boys how to sell any, and I mean ANY, issue. That shampoo endorsement contract match between Booker and Edge could have been the Feud of the Century.

• 2 years later...

The stipulations stated that Brian couldnt team up with anyone he'd ever teamed up with before for the big revenge match. He chooses Landell. They immediately have a tag match on TV. I always thought this era of USWA was better than it should have been due to the talent. Randy Hales is such a fucking moron.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-08-13-USWA-TV] Interview: Brian Christopher & Buddy Landell