Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-08-24-WCW-Clash of the Champions XXVIII] Dusty & Dustin Rhodes vs Terry Funk & Bunkhouse Buck

Loss

• 2 months later...

Another fun match in this feud, and a great post-match angle, as they copy Dusty with Bubba Rogers in 1986. He breaks the chair over Meng's head and Meng no-sells it then brings Dusty to his knees with a single nerve hold. Good stuff.

Dusty still has his swagger. Match feels a bit rush with the missed tag seen by the referee only for Dusty to tag in about 15 seconds later on anyways. It was still good though and post match angle was great. Dusty and Meng finally face off with nobody in front of them and chair shot to Meng has no effect. He then applies the nerve hold with the chair still hanging around his neck! This feud has been one of the best one of the last couple weeks on yearbook.

• 2 weeks later...

The match is a fun little brawl with Buck and Terry stooging and bumping for Dusty and Dustin. The post-match angle is tremendous with Dusty breaking a chair over Meng's head but it isn't effective and gets locked in the nerve hold. Great stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Nothing match, again, despite having both Funk and Dusty, who's still fun to watch at this point (as opposed as when he came back in ECW I mean). Buck is actively bad here, ignoring Funk feeding him Dusty's arm and being is usual weak-ass kick-punch machine. The post match really is the debut of THA MONSTER MENG, which can be considered a good or a bad thing, depending. The most puzzling thing to me is why Arn isn't working the match ? You know, Arn, the guy who turned on Dustin and jumpstart the involvment of Dusty to begin with. This makes no sense to not have him in the match, as Buck is a done deal at this point.

I'm sorry, but this is the most overrated feud in WCW (and I say that only because it's been pimped as being great both on the yearbook threads and on the WCW thread. There you go. This really underwhelms me a lot. I hope I'll still love the Wargames match)

• 1 year later...

Really fun match I love Funk and Dusty pairing off and Buck Dustin pairing off early. The heels are just human pinballs in this and I love the collision spots. This could really benefit from some heat segments Dusty's arm was just begging to be worked over for 3-5 minutes!!!! I enjoyed the PPV match way more even though Dustin was a one man show in that one. This continues the feud nicely and feels more like a TV match than a PPV caliber match.

Couldn't disagree with Jerome more. Loved all of the Bunk-Dust matchups leading to the tags. So far, my WCW feud of the year.

• 3 months later...

Mostly smoke and mirrors here--southern comedy spots, Arn interference, Dusty as Last Stampede-era Watts--but fun. Unfortunately the timing issues of Clashes past rear their ugly heads, as they work two FIP segments that are insanely rushed and barely even qualify as segments. The post-match is fantastic, however, as they re-do the Big Bubba magic with Meng, who plays his role perfectly. The beatdown loses a bit of effect considering how hard they've pushed the Hogan incident all show, but it's still an awesome scene to continue the feud.

• 2 years later...

Dusty & Dustin Rhodes vs Stud Stable (Terry Funk & Bunkhouse Buck) - WCW Clash of the Champions XVIII

Dusty and Funk had been feuding for nearly two decades at this point and Tony conjectures this was all a part of Funk's master plan to get Dusty back in the ring. I like it. Cedar Rapids is hot, but imagine if this was in Florida, Georgia or Mid-Atlantic. SWEET LORD! What was it with WCW and Cedar Rapids. I feel like every Thunder from 1998-99 was taped in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Fun, but way too rush needed way more time breathe. Heels were fun stooging for the energetic Dustin and the charismatic Dusty. Face in perils were way too short. Would have loved them really try to break Dusty's arm like they did Dustins at the Bash. Arn DDTs Dustin for DQ. Dusty recycles ne of his favorite angles where he horsecollars a wooden chair around MENG and MENG no-sells it. Loved Dusty's selling and Dustin desperately trying to cover up his father, but the other three Studs were beating him down. I love the Stud Stable line up. I am really excited for Wargames. I have never seen it before.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-08-24-WCW-Clash of the Champions XXVIII] Dusty & Dustin Rhodes vs Terry Funk & Bunkhouse Buck