Photo

Tommy Rich, Buddy Landell and the Moondogs (USWA on WMC-5 09/03/94)

USWA WMC-5 September 3 1994 Tommy Rich Buddy Landell Moondogs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43381 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43381 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

The Dark Patriot shows up and he is immediately exposed by Dave Brown as Doug Gilbert. Scott Bowden is appalled that he would jump to that conclusion. It's then time for a Moondogs squash. Bowden lures one of the Moondogs into chasing him into the parking lot while Rich and Buddy show up in the studio and ambush the other Moondog with a chair. The Moondogs are done by this point, and putting one of them in a position to have to sell for a few minutes really exposes how far they have fallen, as that's not exactly their strength.

#3 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Dave Brown is a better sleuth as Leslie Neilsen as he figures out immediately who the Dark Patriot is. Moondogs match where Rich and Landell interfere immediately. One of the Moondogs is tricked into the leaving the building. I'm waiting for some type of involvement with a car. He is trying to get back in the building but it doesn't seem like the door is actually locked. Eddie Marlin to the rescue to open the door. The other Moondog takes a bunch of chairshots to the head.

#4 Exposer

Exposer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 2198 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

Scott Bowden is amusingly disgusted that Dave Brown would accuse the Dark Patriot of being Doug Gilbert. Rich and Landell bloody one of the Moondogs after getting the other locked outside of the studio. This was okay.

#5 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 9887 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Love Rich's Hooters shirt. They gave some big shots to the Moondog here. I enjoyed this and the crap camera work sort of added to the chaos.

#6 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8973 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

Scott Bowden unveils his newest charge, the mysterious Dark Patriot! Two whole words into his promo and Dave Brown interrupts, "THAT'S DOUG GILBERT!" Good work, Dave. Meanwhile the Moondogs are out to wrestle Mephisto & Dante and I think I know where this is going. Scott Bowden tricks Spot into chasing him outside where the masked guys slam the door behind him and lock him out, allowing Rich & Landell to come in and repeatedly bash Spike with chairs. Spike and Spot are fatter and even more out-of-shape than they were in '92, and Spike cannot do sympathy selling at all. He just kneels there while getting his head bashed in. This was all very well-done up until Spike had to start selling.

#7 ajtroma

ajtroma
  • Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

Dave immediately calling them on their obvious bullshit was a laugh out loud moment for me watching back then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USWA, WMC-5, September 3, 1994, Tommy Rich, Buddy Landell, Moondogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users