Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-09-17-USWA-TV] Tommy Rich & Buddy Landell vs PG-13

Loss

• 2 months later...

Pretty cool match. The bottom rope collapses in the match and they work with it, dragging it into the ring and choking him with it. JC Ice gets worked over as they build to a hot tag to Wolfie D. Lance Russell does so many awesome things in calling this that I barely know where to begin. "Fantasia" is at ringside with a half black half white face and very big Tennessee hair scouting. Disappointing match. I was hoping for much better. But there is stuff here to like. I don't think PG-13 really met their potential until 1995.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Landell & Rich stop by the announcer's desk to inform us that they're GOOD CHRISTIAN MEN who don't sneak attack people with weapons. They face the Moondogs on Monday in a match where the losing team must split up. That actually sounds pretty significant, and seems to mean either the end of the Moondogs, the end of Landell, or some typical Memphis bullshit.

Yes, there's little more to say about Lance & Dave. I particularly liked their little side discussion on past ring mishaps after the bottom rope collapses. Absolutely seamlessly done. The match itself isn't really that good, but it's not bad for a studio bout and considering the clusterfuckery surrounding the ring, between the bottom rope and Fantasia. Landell & Rich win to set them up for Monday's big match.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-09-17-USWA-TV] Tommy Rich & Buddy Landell vs PG-13