Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-09-18-WCW-Fall Brawl] Cactus Jack vs Kevin Sullivan (Loser Leaves WCW)

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I think Cactus over exaggerated greatly how detrimental the commentary in the Cactus/vader match was, he was smart to leave as he has fitted into ECW like a glove. I have always hated the EVAD character and would hate to know he closed the book on me in a promotion.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Good thing we put this on JIP. The full thing was sad to watch. Cactus does a huge plunge to the concrete from the top rope about 2 minutes in and is up and brawling about 20 seconds later. It should have been the final moment to send him packing. About 2 or 3 minutes later, he takes a back body drop on the concrete. It takes interference from Evad to send Cactus packing. What a shit moment.

• 4 months later...

The action here isn't bad from what we see, but Dave Sullivan is all over the place. We do get a replay of Cactus' huge bump off the turnbuckles to the floor. Huge negative reaction to the winning pinfall, so good for the fans. Total bullshit the way Cactus was treated for basically his last year in the company, and in the end this was good for him, too.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-09-18-WCW-Fall Brawl] Cactus Jack vs Kevin Sullivan (Loser Leaves WCW)
  • 1 year later...

I've always thought that Kevin Sullivan has the look of a wrestler who should be doing bloody brawls in Mexico and this was the closest thing we get to that. They brawl all over the ringside area and briefly in the crowd before Cactus removes the mats that cover up the concrete surrounding the ring. As soon I saw him do this, I knew that he would be the one taking the bump. He takes FOUR bumps onto the concrete in this short match, all of them don't seem to affect him all that much. My main issue with this match is that this wasn't a no DQ match, and both guys openly go for chair shots in clear sight of the referee's view. Despite this, this was fun for what it was. 

★★¾