Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-10-14-UWFi-The King's Road: Osaka] Nobuhiko Takada vs Naoki Sano

Loss

• 2 months later...

I’m cheering for Sano though he probably has no chance. I wonder if UWFI could benefit from having a play by play guy. Very mat based match between the two. They do exhange kicks every so often. Each guy going for the submission over and over. I thought it was just okay as had trouble keeping my full focus. I thought it would be better with Sano involved. For this UWFI stuff, it really needs Vader/Albright involved for me to fully enjoy.

Great match in a good year for Takada. As much as I normally enjoy Sano and would rank him well above Takada, I thought Takada was the star in this match. It reminded me of the '93 Tamura match in how Takada carried himself as The Man and knew exactly how much to sell.

• 3 weeks later...

This was a great match. I'm not really a fan of Takada at all. However, he was good in this match. I actually thought Vader carried their August match for the most part. Takada was better here. I loved Sano in this as well though. His escapes were awesome.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

A nice matchup between two combatants well versed in their craft. The mat exchanges were easy on the eye and the strikes impressive also. A restrained opening bubbled up nicely as they then moved through the gears. Unfortunately the peak was in the middle of the match, as the closing stages were underwhelming. Still a good match, but had threatened higher.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-10-14-UWFi-The King's Road: Osaka] Nobuhiko Takada vs Naoki Sano