Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-10-29-USWA-TV] Eddie Marlin and Scott Bowden / Sid and children

Loss

• 2 months later...

Lance Russell talks about tag brawl between Lawler/Christopher vs Rich/Gilbert being one of the best. They only show still photos so hard to tell. The tape is supposedly being reviewed at the time by rules committee. Eddie Marlin out and mentions all four guys have been suspensed from TV due to damage caused by brawl. Scott Bowden shows up to tell everyone about his cell phone. Security guard is keeping an eye on the back door to make sure none of these guys try to enter the building.

Sid feels there is no number one contender to his belt. He grabs two kids out of the audience who are obvsiouly told what to say before hand. Um, I don’t really know what to say about this but one of these kids was a sharp dresser. I feel like I’m going to hell here.

Rich and Gilbert try to get into the building but they have been denied entrance. We are ready for tag action but there is something going on in the parking lot. No audio for what is being said. They have weapons and are looking at cars. I presume to see if Lawler/Christopher are hiding out somewhere.

They show a Lawler/Christopher vs Rich/Gilbert match from MSC. Lance Russell does the hard sell of all hard sells to talk about how great it was. All we get is still frames - no video footage. Looked to be a great match just from the stills, but while it sucks to not be able to see it, I give them credit because Lance's hype resonates more, the match carries more mystique and if I'm a local ticket buyer, I'm kicking myself for missing it.

Eddie Marlin is out and mentioned that an expensive camera was damaged, and that the USWA operates with millions of dollars of camera equipment. I find that hard to believe. All four guys are suspended, which the studio crowd hates. Scott Bowden is out to dispute that and says they are on his way. He confirmed this on his Zach Morris "cellular phone"!

Later in the show, Scott Bowden is back out. He tries too hard to be unlikable, and doesn't seem like a real person. I'm not a big fan of him as a manager.

Finally, Sid is out and pulls a couple of people from the audience who back him up over Spellbinder being the number one contender.

• 3 weeks later...

Lawler, Christopher, Rich, and Gilbert all get suspended for a wild brawl at MSC by Eddie Marlin. Scott Bowden bitches about it and yes he does try to hard be to hated. Sid grabs two kids from the audience to confirm that The Spellbinder is the number one contender to his title. Hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting series of segments here. Instead of clips, we have still photos from a chaotic locker room brawl at the MSC as the USWA has the tape for review. With an expensive camera having been damaged, all four participants are suspended from television. Scott Bowden is out several times to declare that Rich & Gilbert WILL be there, and we go out to the parking lot several times throughout the episode to see them trying to get in.

Meanwhile Sid is out--at this point they were running an angle that his lackey Spellbinder was the #1 contender to the Unified championship, and was basically defending the position like it was a title in its own right to keep challengers from Sid. Sid brings in two kids to back him up--I recognize that one is Seth, a kid with Down's syndrome who appeared in an angle with Brian Lee the next year and whom Sid must have been tight with.

• 1 year later...

I'm pretty sure Seth was Sid's next door neighbor. I found Scott Bowden too be such a terrific little pain in the ass manager. Very underrated, however what annoyed me about him was how Memphis-centric he seems. He never seemed to care about the rest of the territory, only the TV-5 viewing area. An example is the whole "I Live In Germantown" bit. Like we, up here in Evansville, knew what the hell Germantown was.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-10-29-USWA-TV] Eddie Marlin and Scott Bowden / Sid and children