Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-11-26-WWF-MSG, NY] Diesel vs Bob Backlund

Loss

• 2 months later...

The odds are heavily stacked against Mr. Backlund as this match will be pinfall only with no time limit or disqualifications. No submissions either. Rough stipulations to put on Backlund as the new champion. They really stacked the deck against him for no reason. Not like he had a prior history leading up to that. Long stall before Diesel's entrance. Bell rings, kick to stomach, Jacknife, new champ. So much for Mr. Backlund. Diesel does a very Hogan like celebration. I feel sad for Bob as he was really entertaining in yearbook up to this point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The odds are heavily stacked against Mr. Backlund as this match will be pinfall only with no time limit or disqualifications. No submissions either. Rough stipulations to put on Backlund as the new champion. They really stacked the deck against him for no reason.

This really bugged me too. Does anyone know if there is some context here from earlier in the house show? I've seen a grainy fan-cam of the entire show and recall that Backlund had a very long promo earlier in the night but the quality made it hard to follow. I wonder if he made some proclimation that he could win without a submission.

• 4 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-11-26-WWF-MSG, NY] Diesel vs Bob Backlund