Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-12-17-WCW-Saturday Night] Blacktop Bully vignette

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A lawyer from the SEC wants to investigate where Col. Parker got his bailout money from. Funny! And a creative excuse to get a camera in there. The Bully's cell is filled to the brim with cartons of cigarettes, which is also a great touch. Objectively this is a silly gimmick and a ridiculous step down for Dustin, probably in favor of another one of Hogan's buddies. But I'm enjoying these segments way, way more than I should. I don't know who was behind them but they're a million miles away from the mini-movies, filmed vignettes, and amusement park bars of months and years past in WCW.

Oh, and there's more. Unbelievably, they've worked out a logical reason for the Bully to get into wrestling! Because he owes Parker and can't pay him back with money! How the FUCK does a gimmick like this get more thought put into it than any other gimmick in WCW history to this point?

• GSR changed the title to [1994-12-17-WCW-Saturday Night] Blacktop Bully vignette