Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Captain Redneck said:

So on ROH's biggest show ever, the 2 men( The Briscoes) who have been there from the beginning won't have a main match on the card? If I were them, I'd be pissed.

Have they confirmed that PCO and King slot into that match, as opposed to GOD-Briscoes and PCO/King defending against someone else?

The main of the Anniversary show was some wild business. The Briscoes were king-sized, bumping huge, bleeding big and driving the edges of the snapped canes into PCOs throat was ridiculously nasty looking. The botched piledriver bump was oddly aided by being fucked up because it looked like King slipped on Jay's blood, leading to the spill. PCO is certifiable; he keeps bumping like that on the ring apron then this run isn't going to last much longer. The Briscoes remain one of my favourite teams ever and, while I know they're loyal to ROH, I'd love one big run on a stage like WWE/AEW.

3 hours ago, Stiva said:

The Briscoes remain one of my favourite teams ever and, while I know they're loyal to ROH, I'd love one big run on a stage like WWE/AEW.

They almost got one with WWE, but then Jay had to go 'phobe it all up and ruin it for them,

• 2 weeks later...

Then one day he asked me, "Dad, can I use your camcorder?" I paid about $500 for that camcorder. I told him, "You can't use that." And then he said, "My friend's father, he let him use his." I couldn't say anything about that, so I said, "All right, take it."

Mr. Lethal is probably the only dad in history the "my friend's dad let him do it" actually worked on. 

Speaking of people leaving, Tenille Dashwood is now free agent, so here's another one who would fit either iMPACT or AEW's roster.

Meanwhile Madison Rayne is going back to iMPACT (which is cool, she was the third Beautiful People).

Well, I understand why the women's division came off like an afterthought in the TV shows. Only one women's match at the garden. And isn't Kelly Klein AEW bound too anyway ?

I've been a wrestling fan all my life, and I've stuck around through some garbage eras in various promotions.

But seriously. If every other company went away & all I was left with to watch was current day ROH, I think I would make the decision to just stop watching any wrestling.

It's THAT boring. It's sooo uneventful. So dry. So pointless. I mean, I'm glad the guys there are working & making money. But yikes. Watching one of their shows is like mainlining a bunch of downers & muscle relaxers straight into my veins. Zzzzz...

The ROH part of that MSG show is telling you to not follow that promotion. Damn, now that they are coming out of retirement, I wish the Beautiful People would have landed back in iMPACT. WatchTessa beat Velvet Sky into oblivion would have been fun. Plus Madison Rayne is over there again already. When are Rush & Bandido contracts up ?.....

10 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

I'd actually decided about 2 months ago to start recording their TV again with the signings of Cobb, Bandido, and Haskins. After reading the results from last night, I think I will be deleting it from my DVR.

That's an annual event for me and then I either hit a big event where it takes a month for the TV to reflect the results or I give up after suffering through a couple of lazy episodes at the end of a taping.

If it wasn't for the fact that they have a billion dollar company working for them, I would say that ROH would be serious trouble in the next couple years.  Like they might not exist trouble.  I mean Delirious was terrible at a booker and now stories are that Bully Ray has more of a pull in how things are.  The only thing that is stopping them from dropping below TNA AND MLW AND AEW is New Japan.  

The Beautiful People thing is so "WCW everybody" kind of funny if all the stories are true.  Apparently Madison Rayne wanted to start the Beautiful People up before because she wasn't doing anything else in ROH.  So they said sure but the 2nd women would be Mandy Leon who would later turn on Madison (or vice versa).  Gee I wonder why Mandy was considered in that role.  So Madison says screw this goes back to TNA and they bring in the original Beautiful People anyway  :lol:

It hasn't been called TNA in years now and current iMPACT is actually really good. So yeah, give them some credit and let that Russo-esque acronym behind.

But yeah, apart from that, pretty hysterical story. And yeah, I have no idea how ROH is the second (soon to be third) company in the country with such a boring product and presentation. With Marty Scurll probably leaving as soon as he can to join his friends, their roster is completely depleted. No idea what Rush & Bandido are doing there, but at least that way we may get them work some NJ shows. The best part of the ROH part of the show was PCO working MSG and stealing the show during his match. Terrific for him. Enzo & Cass ? For fuck's sake, that old-TNA booking indeed. And Matt Taven as the champ sounds worse than Justin Credible reign of terror in ECW.

As much as I don't consider Taven a heavyweight champion, they really don't have many other options besides having Lethal keep the title even longer than it should be.  Marty isn't going to stay in ROH, I don't know how safe it is to put the title on a New Japan guys like Juice Robinson, and chances if the New Japan guys are shaky the CMLL guys will be as well.   Maybe RUSH is the best option I don't know

Also what does it say about a promotion that has no idea what to do with Jonathan Gresham.  I mean this guy is working guys like Ohtani and teaming with Chris Brookes this weekend and you can't even put him in the freaking Honor Rumble match

The biggest complaint coming out of Final Battle last year was ROH's decision to book the show with nothing major coming out of it and setting the clocks back to 2007. ROH heard this complaint and didn't know how to process the feedback. The results? A worked shoot that would 2000 Vince Russo cream his pants, the return of The Beautiful People to be part of ROH's heatless WOH division, a lukewarm Kenny King eliminating Liger and Muta, and Matt Taven as world champion. If someone told me Vince Russo was somehow involved in ROH, I would 100% believe them. I don't hate Taven as much as some people, but ROH has done everything to make him super corny and it appears the entire ROH world title division is being booked for the handful of Taven social media stans. ROH was part of one of the most historic shows in pro wrestling history and it folded under the pressure. NJPW has done The Dome and other big buildings for years and it showed. ROH was the inexperienced virgin showing up to date night with a bag of toys and memorized lines from Deuce Bigelow. Its sad to see.

ROH shit the bed so much that PCO's Cactus Jack Clash of the Champions style bump hasn't been spoken about since. I hope ROH is smart enough to put that in its video packages going forward and any "OMG! Moments" youtube videos they decide to do in the future. The wrestling was good, but anytime the crowd gave a bad reaction to the show...it was because of something ROH did. Incredible.

I will say, I was really surprised at the number of Taven shirts I saw at the Festival of Honor on Friday and at MSG. I don't think he's better than okay, but I do think this was the right booking decision (unless Scurll signed an unfathomably long contract). Of course, that Taven seems like the best option is also an indictment on the depth at the top of the card. 

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Also what does it say about a promotion that has no idea what to do with Jonathan Gresham.  I mean this guy is working guys like Ohtani and teaming with Chris Brookes this weekend and you can't even put him in the freaking Honor Rumble match

He was in the Rumble, but yes, they're still not doing as much as they can with him.