Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m baffled at how underplayed it’s been that a wrestler spat at a fan. That’s assault by law and fucking disgusting. Yet there doesn’t seem to be any backlash at all for Mandy to be fired over it. Exchanging unflattering remarks is one thing, spitting at a fan is a whole other level. 

32 minutes ago, Seabs said:

I’m baffled at how underplayed it’s been that a wrestler spat at a fan. That’s assault by law and fucking disgusting. Yet there doesn’t seem to be any backlash at all for Mandy to be fired over it. Exchanging unflattering remarks is one thing, spitting at a fan is a whole other level. 

Yeah. I think a lot of people don't realize that it's assault and he should press charges. 

Not ROH related, per se, but I don't know where else to put this...

Sinclair Broadcasting's Bullshit Strikes Again

This is exactly why, no matter what ROH does, they will never be a major league organization. The minute they get "too big" (hah, fat chance of that), the media scrutiny will be a lot more intense because of who their parent company is.

While WWE can withstand it because they have enough money and no one gives enough a shit about wrestling to truly escalate anything they do, ROH is not in the same plum position. 

With that said, ROH is lucky that Sinclair is so (seemingly) hands-off. Something like Dalton Castle probably doesn't happen if anyone from Sinclair is actually paying attention to their investment. 

ROH has put out another statement on the Bully Ray incident from last weekend. It more or less says that fans can cheer and boo, and that wrestlers and fan interactions are supposed to be part of the show, but Bubba crossed the line.  What sticks out to me is what it *doesn't* say, which is anything about how ROH expects it's fans to behave and conduct themselves during live events. Which tells me that the ROH office and/or Sinclair Brass must not have thought that anything the guy did or said was exceptionally out of line.

There's also this great piece from Cageside Seats. According to a guy in the comments, Bryan Alvarez said that he had some friends who attended the show, and they absolutely back up the fan's story as far as how things played out at ringside.

Sexual assault. :rolleyes: Imagine Francine being pissed at "She's a crack whore!" chants...

This is a debacle. If a fan is absolutely rude, you can have him throw out *by security*. Talent spitting on a fan and dragging his ass backstage to get lectured by the boyfriend(s ?) is a recipe for disaster.

It's wild to think that even though they never ended up following through and bringing them on to the roster, the Enzo and Cass stunt still may have cost them permanent goodwill even if they never come back.

I know I myself had been thinking dropping cash to watch the Crockett Cup show they did with the NWA, but after being in the Garden the night that went down I got really gunshy that they were going to have some sort of Enzo and Cass follow up there and that was enough to get me to not spend cash.

The roster was already depleted and attendance was already faltering in the weeks between the Elite's departure and the MSG show, but it's like ROH is completely oblivious to the concept that they could do anything further to erode enthusiasm in going to the show, but here we are.

Bandido and Jeff Cobb are two of my "I will watch you wrestle ANYONE" guys right now, but short of putting the ROH Title one of them and booking them against each other for the next year, I dont even care much to see them wrestle in that ring. 

7 hours ago, El-P said:

Sexual assault. :rolleyes: Imagine Francine being pissed at "She's a crack whore!" chants...

This is a debacle. If a fan is absolutely rude, you can have him throw out *by security*. Talent spitting on a fan and dragging his ass backstage to get lectured by the boyfriend(s ?) is a recipe for disaster.

I remember way back when fans at ROH shows would wave dollar bills at Lacey. Yes, Austin Aries never felt the need to have someone sent to him backstage so he could 'teach them to respect women.'

7 hours ago, El-P said:

And in this situation it seems like they fired the first shots and went for sex first. If she called him a "virgin" and he fired back with "well, you're fucking a fat guy" and "tramp stamp club" that seems fair game at that point. If they can't take it then don't take it there.

3 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

And in this situation it seems like they fired the first shots and went for sex first. If she called him a "virgin" and he fired back with "well, you're fucking a fat guy" and "tramp stamp club" that seems fair game at that point. If they can't take it then don't take it there.

Yeah so much of this seems to be due to them getting pissed they got shown up by a fan while doing a tired "you're a virgin" routine. 

It's just funny ROH is pretending to spend so much time looking into this. Who's doing the looking? Surely not the folks actually running the show, Bully's cool with them. Sinclair couldn't care less what goes on inside the ROH locker room, who could possibly believe anything would come of this?

On 6/8/2019 at 8:30 AM, Mad Dog said:

I think their attendance has been dismal since MSG. I know they bombed pretty horribly on that Pacific Northwest trip.

From the numbers in the Observer, they didn't exactly bomb, but they're running buildings that are way too big (and lighting them like they're full) when they're essentially back to where they were a bunch of years ago (they can draw 500-700 a show and not much more most of the time).

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that fan who got dragged backstage and unprofessionally dressed down by Bubba Ray? (He's lucky he didn't get the shit sued out of him! Ditto for ROH.)

KO invited him to Smackdown, and there were no incidents of any kind.

I wonder if KO felt embarrassed by how far his former fed has fallen. 

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/kevin-owens-fan-roh-bully-ray-wwe/ 

Eli Drake was announced as Nick Aldis's tag team partner at Best in the World and it was announced he signed a deal with the NWA (whatever that means in 2019).  I suppose he'll be part of the NWA vs ROH feud they have been building, and at least he's someone I'd look forward to seeing.

Baltimore is really Ring of Honor's best market.  Maybe there only market since they don't run New York as much.  Well this PPV from the looks of it is in a building about 30% fill and a mostly dead crowd.   I remember last year around this time wondering why the fuck they are running 8000 seat building when they are lucky to get 2000.  Now they are worried about building half the size getting 1000.   

The NWA being the babyface in this feud on a Ring of Honor PPV is really dumb but not surprising.  

I was there tonight and at last year's BITW, and the difference is staggering. Last year it took forever to get a beer. You couldn't get down the one hallway where they were doing meet and greets. This year there was no line for beer, and all the hallways were easily accessible; even the one with Jay Briscoe standing there looking at his phone.

The show wasn't any good either. Shane Taylor vs. Bandido was cool, though.