Pro Wrestling Only

My WON HOF Opus of Mr. Wrestling II

KrisZ

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up seeing lots of masked wrestlers on Houston Wrestling and pretty much enjoyed them all. As for Mr 2, I didn't see him until Paul Boesch aligned with Bill Watts. I later wrote some wrestling-based fiction adventures and gave my protagonist the kneelift for a signature move.

I have a question as to Mr 2's style. As I recall he was older then and his move set was mostly confined to a front facelock, some back body drops, and then the kneelift. It didn't bother me since he still looked good but was he always that limited? Or did he in his earlier days have more variety? Maybe throw a dropkick now and then?

The Mr Wrestling gimmick ought to be reserved for guys with real grappling skills. I know there have been several Wrestling 3's and even a Wrestling 4 on the indies and I once read that Terry Taylor was offered one of the Wrestling 3 roles but turned it down. Too bad. It might have done more for his career than the Red Rooster. Anyhow, "Mr Wrestling" remains a great concept and it's a shame a really good promoter doesn't revive it with the respect it deserves.