Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-02-03-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] Clash of the Champions X: Texas Shoot Out Commercial

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

The Good. The Bad. And The Ugly. Cool commercial with everyone on a "Wanted" poster with the wrestlers doing the promo popping off the poster in real time to do a promo. This is an extended commercial with some funny moments that is well-produced. The Samoan Savage tells Steve Williams (through translation on the screen) that his sister drinks coconut milk in many men's huts!

I love that they feel the need to impose subtitles for the Samoan Savage that say "HA! HA! HA! HA!" Actually for a Savage, his promo in English sounds like it could come from Conan O'Brien doing his old-timey boxer James "The Gentleman Master" Corcoran shtick--"I'll put corn in his muffin! I'll crimson his face! I'll butter his bean and serve it to him cold I will! Then I'll deliver a blow to the mouth area, the blood from which will issue most copiously!"

They were making a pretty blatant attempt to give the Clashes an SNME vibe with the pre-taped promos and sketches. It didn't always work, but it does here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is really corny, but absolutely hilarious. I loved this promo. What was going on with the Steiners promo? Rick calls Doom sissies and then awkwardly looks at Scott. A bit of racism here with the promo from the Horsemen and the Samoan Savage.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Not bad for a commercial. The Steiners definitely didn't need to talk.

Can it be any more obvious that Ron Simmons is one of Doom?

Sounds like Tama was speaking a combination of pidgin English and pseudo-Samoan gibberish. The subtitles were a hoot.

Why not a word from Buzz on behalf of J-Tex? After all, they are the other half of your main event.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's Clash of the Champions X, 'Texas Shootout', featuring The Good (Sting), The Bad (Kevin Sullivan) and The Ugly (Samoan Savage). Nice stereotyping from the faces with Sting telling 'Mad Dog' that they'll see him and his Kung Fu fighters at sundown, while Ric Flair tells the Great Muta to bring that rickshaw, as after all the blood, sweat and tears, they'll pile the three of them in it for a ride to the hospital. Weird promo from the Steiners and Butch Reed clearly had better things to do as Ron Simmons (still masked at this point I should add) replies on his own. Norman pulls some faces, Kevin Sullivan says that this town isn't big enough for the both of them and the Samoan Savage cuts his promo in Samoan.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-02-03-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] Clash of the Champions X: Texas Shoot Out Commercial