Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-02-06-NWA-Clash of the Champions X] "Cactus Jack is dead!"

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He kind of had to get up since he was about to get counted out. My guess is, he could justify it saying he was going to be back in WCW the next week and Mascaras wasn't, so he had to get himself over in losing somehow.

Anyway, Cactus' bump remains crazy, and Jim Cornette called this perfectly.

And Missy's promo...was that really the best take they got out of her? They hadn't quite beaten the southern accent out of her by this point either, but damn if she doesn't look good.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Mascaras doesn't look in bad shape here.

Terrible Missy promo.

Was she talking? :lol:

I think her lips may have been moving, not sure, too busy watching other parts move....

Damn she was HOT back then...I dont give a shit WHO she was with, if I had a shot at that time with her, best believe I'd hit it.

• 10 months later...

If you thought Cactus Jack was dead after this bump, Corny, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

I can see what people are saying about Mick getting up too quickly, but the character of Cactus wasn't supposed to have any sense anyway, so why wouldn't he be crazy enough to try to get up? We criticize guys too much at times for not thinking like performers in a cooperative enterprise. It may not have been good wrestling etiquette for Mick Foley to undersell the bump, but it made sense for Cactus Jack (who's a different entity, even if he shares a body with Mick Foley) to be crazy enough to try to continue the bout.

I'm sorry, but I consider myself a red-blooded male, and Missy Hyatt did nothing for me at fifteen and does nothing for me now. Even to my teenage self, there was too little brain to go with that admittedly beautiful body. As far as the promo goes, you'd think that being around Eddie Gilbert would have rubbed off, but it didn't.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Cactus tosses Mil to the outside, then hits him with a backbreaker setting him up for the elbow drop to the floor. Cactus climbs on to the apron, turns his back raising his arm and Mil, with no concept or idea of selling, sprints back into the ring and dropkicks Jack who takes a nestea plunge to the floor. His head smacks the concrete and Cornette shouts ‘Cactus Jack is dead!’. Mil suplexes him back in the ring and comes off the top with a bodypress for the pin.

The thud of Jack’s head hitting the concrete is sickening and it’s pretty uncomfortable to watch knowing what we now do about concussions. I know people are ragging on Cactus for his lack of selling here, but watch Mascaras after the backbreaker on the outside; that is every bit as bad. Cornette at least puts over the toughness of Cactus after the bump, saying no human being could get back up after that, but he’s doing it.

• 11 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-02-06-NWA-Clash of the Champions X] "Cactus Jack is dead!"