Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-02-24-USWA-Memphis TV] Jerry Lawler and Nate

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Nate is Jerry Lawler's servant. He brings Lawler a Coke in the can. Lawler tells him he never drinks Coke out of the can and to find him a glass. Nate promises to get one and runs along.

He comes back with a glass later in the show. Doesn't sound thrilling I know, but it's Lawler doing stuff, and it leads to something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice little time filler here. Dave's really the star of this; all he wants to do is get the program back to wrestling, but he knows that the Kingfish will be impossible to live with until he's catered to, so he suffers interruption after interruption. Somehow I doubt this segment would have worked quite as well with Lance, who would have probably blown up and told Lawler off before it was over. Still, I would have liked to have seen for myself.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Jerry Lawler has got himself a lackey in Nate the Rat. Nate has fetched a Cola for Lawler but The King is not impressed that it took him so long and that he didn’t bring a crystal glass for him to drink it out of, ‘when have you ever seen me drink coke out of a can?’ Nate says that he couldn’t find a crystal glass but it was the best he could do. Lawler tells him that he’s not going to drink that so he better find him one from somewhere.

Later in the show Nate returns with a crystal glass (on a silver tray!) and he pours Lawler’s coke out for him. The King takes a sip and it, surprisingly, meets with his approval. Lawler plugs his new cassette, ‘Jerry Lawler sings’, and says that he was on George Klein’s radio show earlier. Dave Brown says that he heard part of it, and Lawler quips that he only heard part of it because he didn’t know you could listen to AM radio in the afternoon! He’ll be doing another show on Monday and will be playing all of his songs on that show. The King is hungry and asks Dave whether he wants anything to eat, but he says ‘no’. Lawler says the only time Dave ever picks up a cheque is if his name is on it! He says that he’s paying but Dave still doesn’t want anything and he then orders Nate to go to McDonalds for him.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-02-24-USWA-Memphis TV] Jerry Lawler and Nate