Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-03-03-ICW-TV] Diamond Dallas Page vignette

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HOnestly didn't know until just now that DDP was in wrestling before the Mania 6 appearance. Pretty bad interview by Page.

He was in the AWA at least two years before this managing Bad Company.

Annoying promo by DDP. Was he supposed to be a heel or a babyface? He's cutting a promo on Paul E, but he's way too annoying to be a babyface.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was too distracted trying to figure out Page's accent to worry much about the Diamond Dolls. He's from Jersey in real life, and I believe he was billed. at least at that time, from Las Vegas. So how does he end up talking like Dusty Rhodes' nephew from the poor side of town?

I'm pretty sure he was supposed to be the face here against Paul, but you can tell that he doesn't really know how to go about it yet. He'd do much better a few years later as a face wrestler in WCW. I'd have liked to see him in a battle of wits with Paul just for kicks, though.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Diamond Dallas Page has a couple of Diamond Dolls with him and he’s a man on a mission. He tells Paul E. Dangerously that he hasn’t forgotten about what happened in Florida when the Lethal Weapons attacked him, dislocated his shoulder and wrenched his neck and that’s why he’s coming to ICW. He’s coming to get Paul E. as his mouth wrote a cheque that his body can’t cash!

Not good. DDP can talk for sure, but there was too much talking in jive and rhyme here. It was as though he had a bunch of lines and catchphrases that he’d pre-prepared and was getting them in no matter what. Was Heyman ever in Florida anyway? I’m drawing a blank on that. DDP makes sure to cop a good feel of the Dolls throughout this.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-03-03-ICW-TV] Diamond Dallas Page vignette