Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love heel Andre promos for some reason, even if I can barely understand him. No comedy out of Heenan, which is nice, and they do a solid job hyping the tag title match at Wrestlemania. I remember as a kid looking forward to that match more than anything else on the show save Hogan/Warrior (and watching those promos, I can't figure out why I was looking forward to that match so much).

• 1 year later...

Yay! Someone in a WrestleMania promo actually makes sense! Leave it to Uncle Bobby. He produced a lot of the promos for other guys, so he had to know how off the rails some of them were getting. That might have been one of the reasons for the lack of the typical Heenan comedy, and it was a nice change. Also good to hear Haku and Andre talk, even if they couldn't really be understood except for Andre's last line, which was a classic.

Like I've said before, how different would the Hogan/Warrior promos have been if Heenan had been managing Warrior?

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Today’s guests on the Brother Love show are the Colossal Connection along with Bobby Heenan, and at Wrestlemania they will be defending their WWF tag team titles against Demolition. Heenan says that they have a problem and that problem is Demolition as they have what they want. The titles belong to the family though, and in Andre the Giant and Haku he has the problem solvers. Haku says a few words and then Andre cuts a promo which makes the Ultimate Warrior sound coherent! Heenan says he knows that Brother Love loves love, but there is no love in the Heenan Family at the moment, there’s nothing but hatred and disgust for Demolition. They have a problem and at Wrestlemania VI they’re going to solve it, he guarantees it.

We’ve seen some terrible, incoherent, rambling promos this year already, but Andre may have just cut the worst of the lot. With the exception of the closing line about Demolition ‘staying as ex-champions’, I didn’t understand a word of it. Solid job from ‘The Brain’ hyping the Wrestlemania match and giving the jokes and one liners a miss for a change.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-03-17-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Heenan Family