Photo

Midnight Express vs Zan Panzer & Bob Cook (NWA World Championship Wrestling 03/24/90)

NWA WCW World Championship Wrestling Saturday Night March 24 1990 Midnight Express Zan Panzer Bob Cook Bobby Eaton Stan Lane Jim Cornette Brian Pillman Tom Zenk

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43311 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

Talk about it here.

#2 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43311 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

The MX work a fun squash before Pillman and Zenk show up and run them off and take their belts back! Ross mentioned that the MX and Cornette were being fined $1000 per day until they returned the belts, which was a nice touch.

#3 PeteF3

PeteF3
  • Members
  • 8866 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Routine squash though Panzer attempts some nice stuff, not all of it successfully. Pillman and Zeaman reclaim their belts afterward. $1,000 a day sounds like pocket change for Jim Cornette's mama.

#4 soup23

soup23
  • Moderators
  • 9661 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

I actually thought this was a real fun squash with them given the jobbers some offense before showcasing their double team moves. The ending with Pillman/ZMan getting the belts back was a great moment with the Cobb County Civic Center rocking.

#5 Kevin Ridge

Kevin Ridge
  • Members
  • 4762 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Eaton takes a bit too much offense from the job team to start. Some sloppy stuff. Midnights then take over and get the victory. Wasn’t sure why this was included but then Pillman and Zenk run in at the end at take back their titles.

#6 Cox

Cox
  • Members
  • 1748 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

The crowd is hot for Zeaman and Pillman to get their titles back. Looks like a good feud so far, and it's kind of a shame this never develops into a MX classic.

#7 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 43311 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

I love that you are calling him Zeaman!

#8 JerryvonKramer

JerryvonKramer
  • DVDVR 80s Project
  • 11306 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

No one in the world is better at introducing jobbers than Cappetta. "Bob Cook!" *weak cheering* I enjoyed Lane rubbing Zan Panzer's jobber face in the belt. Forget about it, this one's over. Nice little lead-in angle for Capital Combat this.

#9 Bottomlessjack2

Bottomlessjack2
  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

Panzer was actually Brad Anderson, so at times he was able to get a few spots in. Certainly a good bumper anyway. Just watched this match a couple of weeks ago so this caught my eye. I'm also a fan of the "Zeaman" label. :lol:

#10 garretta

garretta
  • Members
  • 3565 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

I decided to get the squashes and shorter matches for the month out of the way before the bigger matches, so I actually appreciated JR's recap of the US tag title situation, even though I know the match where the MX stole the belts is here on the Yearbook.

The match was pretty typical, but it's always fun to hear JR run Corny down, knowing how close they are behind the scenes.

I wonder what the scoops JR promised on the Hotline were. I also wonder who came up with the name and costume for Zan Panzer (or, as Corny inevitably called him, Zamfir Panflute).

The crowd goes crazy for Pillman and Zenk taking the belts back, and it's a shame that the Road Warriors and the Steiners were ahead of them in the pecking order, because I think they could have gone a lot farther as a team than they ended up going.

#11 drew wardlaw

drew wardlaw
  • Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:03 AM

Z Man and Flyin Bryan are in to steal the belts! I haven't watched the match between the two teams in a very long time, before my unconditional love of the Z Man so I can't wait to see the match.

#12 Magnum Milano

Magnum Milano
  • Members
  • 1678 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:38 AM

Jim Cornette introduces the Midnight Express as ‘the tag team that ran those gutless, yellow cowards Flyin’ Brian and the Z-Man straight out of the NWA’.  Jim Ross says that in case anybody missed it, the Midnight Express stole the US tag team titles from Pillman and Zenk, and are being fined $1,000 a day by the NWA until they return them.  Ross informs everyone that Pillman and Zenk have promised him that they will be here today (hmmm, I wonder what might happen?).

A squash match that is better when Bob Cook is the one getting squashed.  Stan Lane pins Panzer after a double flapjack, and Zenk and Pillman jumps the Midnights after the match and get their titles back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NWA, WCW, World Championship Wrestling, Saturday Night, March 24, 1990, Midnight Express, Zan Panzer, Bob Cook, Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane, Jim Cornette, Brian Pillman, Tom Zenk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users