Pro Wrestling Only

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I miss the Wrestlemania music.

WWF should invest in a hype man like Okerlund to do segments like this before PPVs. I know they do some hard selling on the Raw before PPVs, but having somebody different from the announcers, somebody whose sole job is to get people excited for PPVs I think could make a small difference in the number of buys.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

‘This Sunday afternoon, live from the Skydome in Toronto, Wrestlemania VI, ‘The Ultimate Challenge’. Don’t delay, pick up the phone right now, call your local cable company and be part of it all!’

Mean Gene can’t recall a match in WWF history that has ever been bigger than Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior! Gene runs down the full card for Wrestlemania and the mixed tag is being pushed second, followed by the Roddy Piper vs Bad News Brown match. There is an awful lot of filler on this show and at least half a dozen matches wouldn’t look out of place on Superstars. Interviews from Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire, Akeem and Slick and the Big Boss Man intersperse the run down, before Gene announces Rhythm & Blues will debut ‘Hunka Hunka Hunka Honky Love’, while celebrities like Steve Allen, Rona Barrett and Robert Goulet will be in attendance.

I thought it when I watched the Royal Rumble report, but Gene Okerlund is perfect for these. I can’t imagine anyone else doing a better job than him here.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-03-31-WWF-Superstars] Wrestlemania VI Report w/Gene Okerlund