Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-03-31-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: Eric Embry & Percy Pringle

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Marc Lowrance mentions Eric Embry visiting his church recently to speak to everyone. Oh my. Percy explains that Embry was offered a contract for Gary Young, which he signed immediately. However, he was also given 5-6 other contracts, which he signed in a huff without reading, so they have no idea what is going to happen now. Really strong Embry promo, which makes me wish this run had not been cut short.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good promo, but it's pretty meandering. Embry throws out a random challenge to Kerry Von Erich and Billy Joe Travis in the middle of this, which makes me wonder if he was loaded when he went out there. That might explain why he signed 5-7 open contracts without looking at them. Might also explain why he goes off on the poor camera guy for trying to wrap him up, too.

• 4 months later...

The bullshit about slapping the "sissy headphones" off the stage manager just proves that Embry was, probably still is, a fat, tiny-dicked, fraile-ego bully. I bet he's a really dickish Asst. Manager at a Walmart somewhere, treating the Recieving Department like dogs while he spits out beligerent fat-ass orders to what he considers his slaves.

Hey, Embry spit on me at a house show one night. Fuck him.

• 1 year later...

Interesting that Embry challenged the Kerry/Travis winner, but not entirely unprecedented. You have to tease face/face programs every once in a while to keep things lively. I didn't like him threatening the cameraman, though; even most heels ignore the technical people.

The rest of this tends to drag a little, and basically restates for the record that Embry really doesn't like Akbar and his men. I must have missed Percy mugging for the camera.

Too bad this (apparently) goes nowhere.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

The crowd loves them some Eric Embry! Marc Lowrance tells us how the fans are known as his ‘family’ and Embry, in a sparkly, gold, sequinned robe with ‘Eric’ on the back, is out with Percy Pringle for an interview with him. Pringle says that last night they had their match with ‘old rag head’ Skandor Akhbar and Gary Young and as soon as that match was over into the dressing room came John Brozell, Max Andrews’ right hand man. At Akhbar’s request, Brozell had a contract in his hand for a singles match against Gary Young next week. Embry didn’t even think about it, he snatched that contract and put his name to it. In his other hand he had a stack of other contracts, Eric took those too and signed five or six blank ones so he doesn’t know what’s going to happen now. Embry says that there is a lot going on, but that Texas title that Kerry Von Erich and Billy Joe Travis are fighting over belongs to his family, and one of them is going to have to defend it against him. He doesn’t know what Akhbar is up to? He may be a little goofy, but he’s not stupid. Friday night he’s going to take out Gary Young and he then tells Akhbar whatever he’s got planned, bring it on! He’ll meet any body, any place, anywhere and at any time, because he and his family don’t like him.

After thinking that he wasn’t bad in the previous segment, I’ve gone off the Pringle character already as there is something that I find quite irritating about him. Embry is going to have to carry this feud for me.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-03-31-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: Eric Embry & Percy Pringle