Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-04-14-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] "THINK IT OVER, CREEP!"

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I vaguely recall flipping through the channels as a lad, happening upon World Championship Wrestling, and seeing RoboCop, and realizing that was even too cartoony for me to believe and shutting it off. I didn't give WCW another chance until the next year. And I was a Hulkamaniac at this point! Poor Sting, they really know how to saddle him with some absolute dogshit.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

God love JR and Corny for actually trying to sell this as serious business instead of dissolving in hysterical laughter on camera. Maybe if this had happened in '87 when the movie originally came out, it would at least be understandable, if not excusable. But three years later? This was nothing more than trying to outdo Vince and failing miserably, which this company became experts at over the years.

The highlight of the piece was Corny proclaiming Washington as a bastion of honesty and integrity one minute, then claiming that it's the only place in the world where Sting could pull off this whole sham because it's so crooked the next. How did WCW ever let him get away?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Jim Ross says that they’ve received a special videotape from Sting before they went on air today and no-one has seen it yet. Jim Cornette thinks it’s going to contain a message from Sting saying that he’s going to quit wrestling as he doesn’t want the Horseman to cripple him any further. He doesn’t want his career ended, his neck broken and he’s going to stay away from wrestling for the rest of his life.

Ross gets them to roll the tape and Sting says how the time has come to introduce Robocop who will be at his side for Capital Combat.

Ross takes delight in Cornette being wrong, but he isn’t happy about Sting bringing a creature like that anywhere near professional wrestling. ‘It’s malarkey!’ He says that the Horsemen are not going to be intimidated or scared of some big pile of scrap metal standing ten feet tall and they will still triumph because they are the elite in professional wrestling.

We’re they really trying to get PPV sales of Robocop???

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-04-14-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] "THINK IT OVER, CREEP!"