Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-04-14-ICW-TV] Interview: Tony Atlas

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I like these promos, it would be nice if they eventually had a purpose. We get it, Atlas is the champion and the man, but I can't help but think that if Atlas was in a consistent program cutting promos on a specific target every week, they would be even better. Maybe because of the nature of ICW TV and the way a small indy on the East Coast had TV at this point, you can't do angles every week, or even most weeks, but I can't help but think the presentation would be better if he was cutting promos on a specific target every week to help sell the house shows.

• 1 year later...

He was probably using this run as an audition for Vince and Turner more than anything else, Cox, even more than being ICW's champion. The problem was, it got him Saba Simba instead of a major run against Warrior or Sting.

I think ICW was probably just thrilled to have someone with at least some name value to hold its belt and headline its shows. Who or what he wrestled or cut promos on was very much secondary.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Atlas is looking very smart today all suited and booted! He says that there is only one person in the ICW that wears the tailor made suits, that is 6’3”, 280lbs and with 23” arms. There is only one person that wears the gold and that’s how it’s going to stay. Roadblock, Steamboat and the rest of you pencil necked geeks forget about the gold, because he’s the man!

• GSR changed the title to [1990-04-14-ICW-TV] Interview: Tony Atlas