Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-05-04-EMLL] MS-1 & Emilio Charles Jr & Ulises vs Atlantis & El Dandy & El Satanico

Loss

• 1 month later...

The big draw here seems to be the ex-stablemates MS-1 and Satanico matching off, despite the best efforts of MS-1 to avoid such a match-up. Their stuff is pretty much gold, however. El Dandy creams Atlantis with two back-to-back miscommunication spots, including inadvertently backdropping Charles to the floor onto him. Tensions mount between the technicos after the match. Atlantis sort of comes off as a dick here--clearly both of Dandy's moves were accidents and the team won anyway.

This was indeed the Satanico show. I loved his exchanges with MS-1, and like Dandy, he was so good at transitioning effortlessly between brawling and technical work. Those guys were probably the two best luchadores in the world at this point, and I think this yearbook will capture their greatness better than any other.

• 4 weeks later...

My favorite trios in EMLL so far also. While nothing was mind blowing this was a very good workman style match where everyone got to showcase some spots and show how great workers they are. I also loved the continued tease of Dandy going rudo and I thought Atlantis in particular looked really graceful in his dives. He may have actually been my match MVP over Satanico.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Two falls I never even saw, and the third where one rudo almost allowed himself to get pinned once he saw that his first teammate had already lost. That's about all I got from this. Seriously, once someone on a lucha team (either technico or rudo) gets pinned, the second pin that wraps up the fall almost always happens within five or ten seconds. Why is that? Shouldn't the team who's already had a member pinned fight like hell to avoid the second pin, or maybe even pin one of the other team?

I have a feeling that lucha and I will never dig each other, no matter how much other fans pimp its matches.

• 1 year later...

I really liked El Dandy here, during the first fall, with who I think was MS-1? I looked down and got distracted by something, then someone was blowing a whistle and starting the second fall. That kind of took me out of it. Satanico was good, but honestly I was getting bored during it. I'm determined with this stuff though, and I thought El Dandy looked good.

• 11 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-05-04-EMLL] MS-1 & Emilio Charles Jr & Ulises vs Atlantis & El Dandy & El Satanico