Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-05-19-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: Steve Austin & Jeannie Clarke

Loss

• 1 month later...

Austin recaps what happened in the I Quit match. Jeanne was locked in a cage. Jeanne is ready to bring skeletons out of the closet of Chris Adams. She talks about some things Adams had to do make it in Los Angeles, and says she's about to write a tell-all book. She says when she reveals all the dirt she has on him, he will be headed toward divorce number two. Good stuff.

Jeannie threatens to come out with a tell-all book about her marriage to Chris Adams that will be better than what's in the National Enquirer. She then cuts a really great promo on the wives of the World Class viewing audience, saying that when they're snuggled up in bed that they're actually thinking about her.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Jeannie could have been a little smoother, but I suspect that will come with time. She fits really well with Austin, who just keeps getting better on the mic every week. Percy redeems himself for his slight heel tendencies early in the show by registering disgust with what Jeannie said and ordering Austin to get in the ring and wrestle. That said, his arguing with Austin while Jeannie was talking made it hard to hear her and took away from the segment slightly.

Since Jeannie mentioned divorce number two, I suspect we'll see Toni before too much longer.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Austin says that everyone knows he had an ‘I Quit’ match with Chris Adams last night and in this match the stipulation was that his Jeannie, the helpless, defenceless, petite woman that she is, was to be locked in a steel cage. About the five minute mark he slapped on the Figure Four on Adams. Austin says that you would have thought he was killing him from the way he was screaming and hollering, but he yelled ‘I Quit’ and he then raised his hand in victory. The cry baby that Chris Adams is now wants a barbed wire match. That doesn’t bother him though as he’ll take him on in any kind of match he wants because he is the Superstar, he owns him, he owns two pairs of his boots, he owns his dog, he’s got Jeanie and he’s on his way to the top. Jeannie says does Adams really think that penalty boxes and barbed wire will stop her? She’s going to be here with Steve no matter what. She says how she’s thinking about writing a book to tell everyone about some of the skeletons in Chris’ closet. What he got up to in England, what he had to do to survive in Los Angeles, in Oregon. This book is going to be better than the National Enquirer and she’s even bought and old promo photo of herself and Chris that she plans to put in it. These people who cheer for Chris Adams don’t know him like she does, and she knows they don’t like her just because she is superior to them. She has better clothes, a better body and all those ladies husbands at home are thinking about her. By the time she is finished with the book Chris will be heading for divorce number two.

It’s like a broken record when it comes to Austin but you continue to see the improvement every week with him. Jeannie’s best interview to date although I felt she went on a touch too long and she’s still not ‘quite’ there just yet.

• 7 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-05-19-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: Steve Austin & Jeannie Clarke