Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-06-09-USWA-Championship Sports] Steve Austin vs Shane West

Loss

• 1 month later...

Joined in progress. Austin destroys the poor guy, with West taking a couple of really nasty bumps on the arena floor. I'm sure he didn't get paid nearly enough for all of that. He holds West for a few slaps from Jeanne on top of that before Chris and Toni are out to chase them away. Toni gives a decent fired up promo and has a wad of Jeanne's hair, but I think she's mentally ill. Adams is good here too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Is Toni pretending to be British? She kinda sounds like she's trying to fake a dreadful British accent.

Man, Shane West is the geekiest looking job guy in history. He makes the Mulkeys look like the Road Warriors.

Going by her WON obit, yes, she was from Texas.

• 1 year later...

Toni alludes to a past friendship with Jeannie in this promo, and since Jeannie's really British, I guess Toni was trying to make out like she's British too, After all, when would a Texan and a Brit interact?

Jeannie's really becoming a huge part of Austin's in-ring act here, as she beats up on West as much as he does.

Another great promo from Toni. It seems weird to say she's better than Chris since she's so inexperienced, but they're not all that far apart.

I liked Toni holding up the lock of Jeannie's hair as a visual aid. These two ladies definitely aren't playing around! (Insert obvious dirty joke here, if you like.)

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

We join the match with both men outside the ring. Austin press slams West and drops him on the arena floor. He follows by giving him a gut wrench, a suplex and finally a bodyslam all on the hard wooden floor of the Sportatorium. He then puts a full nelson on West and Jeannie starts clocking him full force in the face with punches. Tony Falk has seen enough and disqualifies Austin. Chris Adams and Toni run down to save West, but Austin and Jeannie see them coming and take off before they can get to them. They check on West before Toni takes the mic. She wonders what Jeannie’s problem is? A long time ago they used to be friends and then all of a sudden she showed up out of nowhere. What does she want? She then tells her that she’s going to stop interfering in their matches and she’s going to stop trying to ruin Chris’ career. She’s got a lock of Jeannie’s hair which I’m guessing was ‘pulled out’ in their previous brawl, and she vows that if Jeannie ever interferes again, that is only a small part of what is going to happen to her. It’s over next time she gets a hold of her! Adams then challenges Austin and Jeannie (on Toni’s behalf) anywhere, any place, any time!

I don’t know what was more brutal, those bumps that West took on the arena floor or those shots he took from Jeannie! Adams cuts a promo after Toni, but it’s definitely starting to feel like he’s playing second fiddle to his wife now.

• 2 months later...

First, what did that jobber ever do to Austin to deserve that? Christ, next Austin is going to pull him into the parking lot and run him over with a car. One thing about Texas is that you get guys like Shane West here and Chris von Erich with Borne just killing themselves to make heels look good. And I can't imagine the money was anywhere near enough to cover the long-lasting effects. Toni really gets worked up at Jeannie and she still seems to be getting more time than Chris.

• 4 months later...

Actually, the match was already over when Austin proceeds to beat the shit out of him some more, which is probably why he allows himself to drop him on the floor again and again. Lesson of the day : how to bump on hardwood floor. Good fired up promo from Tony. The "We were friends before sounds like a poorly thought out adlib (if that makes sense)".

• GSR changed the title to [1990-06-09-USWA-Championship Sports] Steve Austin vs Shane West