Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-06-09-USWA-Championship Sports] Jerry Lawler vs Bill Dundee / Interview: Bill Dundee

Loss

• 1 month later...

USWA Texas has so many segments that are similar to each other that I can't always tell what's new or what's a repeat, and the same goes for this. This is either a repeat or the second time that Dundee's been rammed into a chair set up on the ring apron after saving Tessa from a Tatum kidnapping.

"Everybody seems to want to close the barn door after the horse leaves." Jesus, Bill, could you not come up with a good lipstick-on-a-pig metaphor?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dundee facing Lawler for title and Tatum shows up to beg for Tessa to come back to him. He’ll change. Lawler gives Tatum a vote of confidence. Tatum tries to run off with Tessa which distracts Dundee. Bill gets a couple shots from Lawler after the match.

Dundee is in love. Superstar knows how to treat a woman and he and Tessa are thinking about getting married. He has a kiss for Tessa.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A bit sad that Lawler and the Unified title are afterthoughts here.

I'm not sure if it's the same match from the previous week or not, because during his June 2 promo Dundee mentions pinning Lawler the night before. He could have just been talking about what he hoped to do, but it didn't come off that way to me.

I think Tessa's had enough of being forcibly kissed by men. I know I would if I was in her place!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

This is the same match as the one from 6/1, although the on screen graphics say ‘last night’ so something is wrong somewhere.

Bill Dundee and Tessa are out for an interview with Craig Johnson and Dundee says that he doesn’t know if these people believe in love at first sight, but it happened with him and the lovely Tessa. He tells John Tatum that if he’d treated Tessa right in the first place she would still be with him. He’s not sure if he knows how to treat a lady, but ‘The Superstar’ does and they’re thinking about getting married. He then promises Tatum that if he ever puts his hands on Tessa again he’ll kill him!

This relationship is moving fast if they’re already thinking about getting wed!

• GSR changed the title to [1990-06-09-USWA-Championship Sports] Jerry Lawler vs Bill Dundee / Interview: Bill Dundee