Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-06-22-EMLL] Espectrito & Piratita Morgan vs Mascarita Sagrada & Aguilita Solitaria

Loss

• 1 month later...

Espectrito and Sagrada never fail to impress. Someone should put together a comp of their feud. A worthy addition to the cannon, with Espectrito as one of the best guys in wrestling at pacing a match and making high flyers look good. Espectrito can feed highspots to Sagrada so well, and there are some great ones here.

I didn't think much of the rudos (or Aguilita) until the third fall, actually, when everyone stepped their game up and the rudos came up with about eleventy billion new miscommunication spots. Before then Sagrada was working on another level from everyone else. Fun post-match too, with full-sized rudos executing a big beatdown until the technico counterparts make the save, with Mascarita getting a measure of revenge by leveling Fuerza Guerrera with a plancha. Fuerza, God bless him, sells it like a gunshot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Felt like they missed a few things and the first fall finish didn’t look like it went as planned. The fans are so behaved. There is no railing at ringside but they keep in their seats. They show the longest replay I’ve seen of the first fall. Rudos rough up their opponents to get second fall. Looked easy. We start to get some heel miscommunication spots though thanks to Sagrada’s speed. He can move. Nice roll up for the finish.

• 2 weeks later...

I am such a Sagrada match. Not only does the lil' guy look adorable, he's a spectacular athlete as well. He's too small to lift opponants but works around physical limitations with lightening movement, reflexes and smart move selection. Oh and Espectrito. An amazing worker with the ring presence of a man 3 times his size. Piratita is another strong rudo and Solitaria kept up his end of the bargain. They kept it short and I'm longing for more.

• 3 months later...

Fairly good match. Espectrito was the best, as usual. Mascarita Sagrada was the most spectacular, but his execution wasn't as good as it would become a few years later. After the match, rudos Fuerza Guerrera, Jaque Mate and El Hijo del Gladiator attacked the tecnico minis. Mascara Sagrada, Misterioso and El Justiciero came to the rescue.

• 1 year later...

This was a revelation to me just like Joshi was; these guys worked a serious match, unlike 98% of the North American midget matches I've seen. The first two falls were the normal gymnastics that's impossible for me to care about, but the third fall turned a bit hardcore, much more so than with the bigger luchas, and also featured the dissension between the rudos, which I liked. Then came the attack by the bigger guys, which was a thousand percent more realistic than King Kong Bundy squashing Little Beaver at Mania III. My favorite part was when Mascarita Sagrada flattened one of the regular size guys with a flying bodypress and looked like he wanted to take everyone in the place on, only for Mascara Sagrada to practically carry him back to the dressing room for his own safety, kind of like Scooby-Doo rescuing Scrappy.

Even if a lot of the work didn't mean much to me, it was still nice to see the less tall working seriously. For that reason alone, this was worth seeing.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-06-22-EMLL] Espectrito & Piratita Morgan vs Mascarita Sagrada & Aguilita Solitaria