Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-07-07-WWF-Superstars] Update: Major announcement from The Hulkster next week

Loss

• 2 months later...

Hulk Hogan will make a major announcement about his career next week. Other WWF superstars - namely The Rockers, Hillbilly Jim, Warlord & Slick, Brutus Beefcake and Earthquake himself - chime in with what they expect to happen. Summerslam was hyped really well. No wonder it outdrew WM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Pretty standard face/heel dynamic here. You can tell that they're trying to push the Rockers because they get the third babyface slot along with Beefcake and Hillbilly. Why Warlord as the other heel along with Quake, though? I would have loved to have seen Perfect in that slot, considering that he's with Hogan's archenemy Heenan and that they have history together. Maybe they were thinking about a Hogan/Warlord program at some point in the fall, only to change their plans.

Didn't the Rockers cut an earlier promo where one of them (I forget which) actually said that Hogan should think about retiring, or do I have my teams mixed up?

• 1 year later...

Gene confirms that Hulk Hogan is getting better and next week he’ll be making the single most important announcement of his career. Speculation is running rife on whether he’s going to announce his retirement from wrestling, or whether he will be returning to the ring. The Rockers, Hillbilly Jim, Slick & The Warlord, Brutus Beefcake and Jimmy Hart & The Earthquake all have their say, with the faces hoping he’ll return and the heels convince that he’ll retire. Earthquake says that he’ll never be back and he’ll never be the same man again after the Earthquake splashes that he gave him. Okerlund inform us we’ve still got time to get our letters to Hulk before he makes his big announcement, and once more gives us the address to send them to.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-07-07-WWF-Superstars] Update: Major announcement from The Hulkster next week