Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-07-14-USWA-Memphis TV] Jerry Lawler and Dirty White Boys

Loss

• 2 months later...

We join a Dirty White Boys squash in progress. They continue attacking their opponents after the match until Jerry Lawler makes the save with a baseball bat. He gives Tom Burton a piledriver to take him out of commission, then we have a chair/bat fight between Lawler and DWB.

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony looks good, giving us a dropkick in addition to all of his other crisp offense. The DWBs continue beating down their opponents after the match until Jerry Lawler walks tall with a baseball bat. I liked Lawler's savate kick to set up the piledriver on Burton--don't think I've seen that out of him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I think I like the idea of a Lawler/Anthony feud; I'm not so sure about Burton. I'll say this for Anthony; he doesn't back down or run scared from the King, and Lawler's at his best when he's made to fight, whether he's a face or a heel.

Nice to see Ben Jordan still wrestling after what Lawler put him through earlier this year.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

The Dirty White Boys defeat Ken Raper & Ben Jordan after Tom Burton pins Raper following an assisted leg drop. They attack them after the match, including a nice swinging neck breaker by Anthony on Jordan, until a baseball bat swinging Jerry Lawler makes the save. A piledriver to Burton and Tony Anthony is back in the ring with a chair. He starts swinging it at ‘The King’ who is able to block the shots with his bat, and when the White Boy drops the chair he gets out of their sharpish.

I liked this a lot and am certainly looking forward to more Jerry Lawler vs Tony Anthony down the road.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-07-14-USWA-Memphis TV] Jerry Lawler and Dirty White Boys