Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-07-21-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: Steve Austin & Jeannie Clark

Loss

• 2 months later...

Steve Austin thanks Percy Pringle, a total class act as far as he's concerned. Jeanne says anything Toni can do she can do ten times better, and if you don't believe her, just ask Chris.

Now things really heat up. Jeanne reveals recent pictures of Chris Adams and she asks him to personally deliver them to Toni Adams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is Mr. Perfect going to show us these pictures on the jumbo tron at Wrestlemania 8? Jeannie gave a good promo here but Austin kept talking over her which was kind of annoying. Austin also stumbled in his promo more than he has lately. I thought Percy looked real swarmy when they gave him the photos.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeannie and Austin beat up a hapless jobber. Austin wants to personal thank both Pringle and Iceman Parsons for watching his back. There is going to be another mix tag match. Jeanne says she can do things ten times better than Toni and she can confirm this with Chris. Austin agrees. Jeannie has some naughty photographs which she wants Pringle to deliver.

• 1 year later...

This is getting to be too much for Dallas. I know they're really going for huge heat on Austin and Jeannie, but now I'm starting to realize why they lost TV in Texas. Sunshine and Precious weren't this bad and neither were Sunshine and Missy. I think Jarrett completely misread his market here; catfights are one thing, but when you start bringing up sex this explicitly in the Bible Belt, you're buying yourself more trouble than you can handle, especially if you're an outsider.

Jeannie's surpassing Austin on the mic, which is a bit of a surprise considering that Austin presumably has more to sound off about than she does, being an active wrestler. I agree with Soup that Austin talking over Jeannie was terribly distracting.

So they're putting Chris and Percy in the middle of this mess, huh? What the hell, it's not like they can fit much of anywhere else with Kerry and Borne gone.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

End of an Austin squash and he’s on the outside holding the jobber so Jeannie can hit him. Jeannie would take a shot then turn to the camera, give a little wink, a smile, then hit him again, while Percy is cheering her on from the commentary desk.

Craig Johnson is over to introduce them and says how Austin bought in Jeannie to make the odds two on one, then Chris Adams evened the odds by bringing in Toni. Now it seems like everyone wants to help out, including his broadcast partner. Austin says that no-one bought anyone in to make it one-sided, they can beat Chris Adams and his shrimp boat wife on any given day of the week! Last night was one of the easiest matches of his career and he was fixing to take the pin on Chris when out comes that little puke Chris Von Erich to interfere. He warns him not to interfere in his matches again, and wants to give a personal thanks to a ‘class act’ Percy Pringle and also Iceman Parsons for getting Jeff Jarrett off his back. They’ve got a return match next week, they’re going to give them one more beating, and he wants all the people to come out and see it. Jeannie also thanks Percy and says that Toni was out here earlier saying that she couldn’t fight and she was good for nothing. Anything that Toni can do though, she can do ten times better, “just ask husband!” She says that she’s not really into all the fighting as she’s a lady, but she does have an envelope with her for Toni. Inside the envelope are some pictures of Chris in not-so-innocent positions that were taken quite recently. Austin then calls out Johnson for looking down Jeannie’s top again, but she says she can’t help the effect that she has on men! She tells Toni that when she sees these pictures she’s going to want to divorce Chris, and then calls Percy over (with Austin giving him a round of applause!) to pass the photos on to her. Finally she offers everyone an apology as she doesn’t think he fans are lowlifes, she just feels sorry for them! She took a step back and realised they can’t help the way they are, they’re just sheep who live in a small town and they’re never going to change! A hug for Percy and they’re on their way.

Jeannie was great here and outshone Austin who had a bit of a stumble when talking about Chris Von Erich. I’ll reserve judgment about Pringle and Von Erich being added to this feud for the time being as I liked Percy’s involvement here.

• 6 months later...

Going through a bit of this famous Adams vs Austin feud, it was fun to watch Austin show his star potential so early, despite really rough kinda work inside the ring, but the true revelation was Jeanie Clark, who really wasn't allowed to shine the same way in WCW. Too bad, she was really one of the bitchiest valet I've seen during this short USWA stint, cutting good and fun promos and being all around a true natural heel character. And again, we owe her "Stone Cold", so hat's off to Jeanie Clark.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-07-21-USWA-Championship Sports] Interview: Steve Austin & Jeannie Clark